Viewsonic VX922 Worth It ?

Man of Honour
TaKeN said:
Im about to buy this Screen and wondering whether or not its the best out there for gaming,

anyone is welcome to comment :)

In the 19" market it is arguably the best gaming screen available. Take a look at this article which might help too :) If you wanted to look bigger, the NEC LCD20WGX2 is highly rated and very responsive as well

Soldato
OP
Thanks for replying :)

I went on instinct earlier and just ordered it lol :)

So it will be with me tommorow , i will let you know what i think of it :D

Soldato
Badass,
I bought this screen and got lucky...no dead or stuck pixels and the backlight bleed (tiny amount on the top edge) vanished after a few days. For gaming its brill. Can't recommend it high enough. The overdrive must be decent too as I do not see artifacts, although my previous Dell 2405 was noticeably brighter when watching dvd's.

Sorry to go off topic - but a question, I am in the process of going sli with a pair of 7900gtx's and am upgrading to a 20" widescreen as I want to play at higher res. I had a look at the mainstream reviews, behardware, tftcentral, widescreengaming forums, and user reviews in general and went for the VX2025 which is such good value under 320 quid now on OcUK. From the review I have seen on BeHardware the panel is suited more towards movies then the 100 quid more Nec 20WGX2, and still pretty decent for gaming. The question I have is whether the Nec is sufficiently better at gaming to warrant the extra outlay ? Did I make a good choice you reckon ? I had a Dell 2405fpw before the Viewsonic VX922 and did not notice ghosting on either of them, so hopefully wont on the 2025. And the Viewsonic is supposed to be better at movie playback then the Nec.

Also, when gaming at resolutions that don't support tha native 1680x1050, this Viewsonic monitor does not give an option to scale..say run at 1280x1024 with borders. Instead stretches the image to fit on the screen. I don't mind this as I used to play some games at 1280 (Fear) on my 2405fpw with the screen stretches. I am just wondering how well the Viewsonic handles this stretching ?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well its here, ive plugged it all in correctly and installed the drivers, and there is a continuos long green line going all the way down the screen, just to the left of the middle, and when i did a screenshot to see if it was my dodgy gfx, the line didnt show up on Paint,

I will put a picture up in a minute, but does this sound like a dodgy screen to anyone ?

Soldato
are there not some software which switches between images u can run which unstick pixels like that, otherwise u should be covered by distance selling act or warranty as that is a lot of stuck pixels. send it back, and they should replace no worries.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for replying :)

Im downloading a program to try and unstick the stuck pixels, but if that fails then im definately going to ring up Viewsonic For a replacement.

Back
Top Bottom