• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So. You want something to beautifully demonstrate your graphic card

Soldato
lol, someone posted this link ages ago.. infact.. i somehow had this demo before i was on the forums, and ran it on my old 9800pro :p

Associate
Just ran it then on my pro and it does push the limits running it at 1100x800 but looks amazing, too dam short ? Only was a few minutes

I liked the bit with black smoke, or was it cells growing, best.

Owch I just tried again after ramping the clocks upto XT and now it shows the framerate lol, down to 8 in the beginning 'dna' sequence and the demo uses not a shred of video memory :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
The other one (the one below) is cool too. Haven't seen the others though.

For some reason my X1900XT isn't at full capacity in these. It's running about 20 degrees cooler than it does during the ATI Toy Shop demo. The air coming out the back is quite cool too. Strange heh :D

Soldato
Tommy B said:
The other one (the one below) is cool too. Haven't seen the others though.

For some reason my X1900XT isn't at full capacity in these. It's running about 20 degrees cooler than it does during the ATI Toy Shop demo. The air coming out the back is quite cool too. Strange heh :D

Yeh i just tried the other one aswell, not as good as the first though ;)

I know what you mean about the cards not maxing out.. i was looking at the temps during this, and the card only rose a few degrees above idle.. Maybe its more cpu ?

Associate
Iam pretty sure its using the CPU a lot more then any game normally does, typical of clever demo coders and this demo works on anything down to a nvidia 9500. The resolution does not alter the frame rate much for me which points to a cpu limitation I think.

My rig is all changing soon so I'll give a test then too

Soldato
Fulcrum said:
Iam pretty sure its using the CPU a lot more then any game normally does, typical of clever demo coders and this demo works on anything down to a ATI Radeon 9500. The resolution does not alter the frame rate much for me which points to a cpu limitation I think.

My rig is all changing soon so I'll give a test then too
corrected for you :p

Caporegime
Tommy B said:
My God!

I simply cannot believe my X1900XT can render that as smoothly as it just did.

I was running 1280x1024 at 16AF and 6AA. Speechless :D

try running fraps along side it at a res of 1680x1050 16xghq af 6x fsaa with shadow map size to 1280x1024, im getting 12fps in a lot of it with a 2.7ghz opteron and x1900xtx. :eek:

Edit, mainly a low framerate at the start when all the cells sort alook like a web, gets better after that.

Last edited:
Associate
Because its not a game just a scripted display, maybe in 5 years when everyone has the power to display this at 25fps and have enough left to handle everything else a game requires on top

Associate
Fulcrum said:
Because its not a game just a scripted display, maybe in 5 years when everyone has the power to display this at 25fps and have enough left to handle everything else a game requires on top

I dont believe so, games are too realistic these days and developers get bogged down with accurate textures and lighting, games should be more creative with their graphics.

Back
Top Bottom