licence revoked

Permabanned
i got my licence revoked and sent off for my provisional again, now i have 6 points and i was wondering do they give you the same driving licence number or a new one because i want to book my test now?

Suspended
theultimate said:
i got my licence revoked and sent off for my provisional again, now i have 6 points and i was wondering do they give you the same driving licence number or a new one because i want to book my test now?

If you dont mind me asking - what did you do?

Associate
Only takes driving through a camera twice, Ive done that in one day on the same one :o

Do you have to take an extended test and is it an actual ban or just downgrade back to provisional

Suspended
Fulcrum said:
Only takes driving through a camera twice, Ive done that in one day on the same one :o

Do you have to take an extended test and is it an actual ban or just downgrade back to provisional

Yea thats the thing I am always worried about on a long journey through unfamiliar roads. Lose yer license in one journey :(

Permabanned
The_Dark_Side said:
isn't the camera van AFTER the sign telling you the limit has dropped?

oh shutup, there is always one in these threads. Even the best driver can be caught out by a scamera. Drifiting to 35 and running into mobile speed van is incredibly easy to do.

Soldato
I'd driven some horrible roads (around Fiore, I think) that were long, winding, open country lanes, could well easily be a 60 (between towns), yet there's no sign posting for miles on end. Was quite uncomfortable driving up and down them.

Soldato
The_Dark_Side said:
i NEVER break the speed limit when on unfamiliar roads for the above reason.
Neither do I. Atleast not intentionally.

But when youre somewhere unfamiliar, looking for signposts, and talking to other people in the car it's not too difficult to slip a few mph over the limit.

Lashout_UK said:
I'd driven some horrible roads (around Fiore, I think) that were long, winding, open country lanes, could well easily be a 60 (between towns), yet there's no sign posting for miles on end. Was quite uncomfortable driving up and down them.
I know what you mean, going along country roads that pass through villages it's hard to remember whether the last sign you passed was a 30 or a derestriction. Of course if there's no repeaters and no streetlights then it should be NSL.

Associate
AFAIK he got 3 points for speeding (could be wrong tho) and then got the next 3 points for going through a no entry sign...trying to take the quick way to Mcdonalds :p

Soldato
50/50 said:
oh shutup, there is always one in these threads. Even the best driver can be caught out by a scamera. Drifiting to 35 and running into mobile speed van is incredibly easy to do.
and you have.....2 years experience, maybe 20k miles to draw upon that conclusion?
the best drivers often are caught out by cameras, but not accidentally.
they know they're speeding and have deemed it a worthy risk, not the "oh it's so unfair and not my fault" pathetic party line you're regurgitating.
an experienced driver will know at all times what speed he/she is travelling at.
JRS said:
Good for you. You're a better man than I am.
i don't break the limit in the dark either for the same reasons.
mainly because i can't easily make out unmarked cars behind me but for the cam/mobile cam reasons also.

Man of Honour
The_Dark_Side said:
isn't the camera van AFTER the sign telling you the limit has dropped?

Yea, it is.

In the case of the A30, RIGHT after the sign telling you the limit has dropped to 40mph..

... from 70mph, on a rural dual carriageway with only grade seperate junctions, leading to a Motorway.

Nice huh? Like he said, it's easy to get caught by mobile vans.

Back
Top Bottom