• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Jump on the conroe waggon or wait?

Associate
I really want to get a conroe when they come out cos so fra theyre lookin like theyre going to be the bees knees. but im not sure whether to just stick with my opteron and get the 2nd wave of conroes?

i dont want to buy one then find out theres one with double the cache coming out in a couple of months later. does anyone have an intel roadmap? or a clue about whats comin out? cos i dont lol

cheers

Soldato
As far as I know the only changes to be made to the Core 2 platform this year is MHz increments. Next year they are introducing 45nm revisions but they'll be limited to Extreme Editions (£999) for probably 1-2 quarters.

If your Opteron is dual core'd I'd just stick with that. Plenty of scalability there for a years worth of games.

Associate
Am gonna be getting a conroe (not sure which yet), when they come out. Desperately need a new machine and it looks like AM2 hasn't turned good yet.

Soldato
Intel still plan to have their EE edition Conroe as a launch part. 3.33Ghz on a 1333FSB! UK price should be in the £680-720 range.

This should be the daddy until next year so future proof for @ least 9-12 months.

Permabanned
NathanE said:
As far as I know the only changes to be made to the Core 2 platform this year is MHz increments. Next year they are introducing 45nm revisions but they'll be limited to Extreme Editions (£999) for probably 1-2 quarters.

If your Opteron is dual core'd I'd just stick with that. Plenty of scalability there for a years worth of games.

small correcton, will be Q1 '08 at the earliest for 45nm, problems with the tools to make em...

Permabanned
killer_uk said:
Hopefully there will be a conroe cpu priced at around £180-£200. I didn't really want to spend more than this.

I'm sure there will be,

expect Intel to go for AMD's throat with high performance at lowish pricing..

Back
Top Bottom