134225 Mobile PDA Cradle Qtek 9000                1    37.40    37.40
          In Stock
 ------ ---------------------------------------- ---  ------- --------
                                                Shipping Info     6.95
                                                          VAT    44.82
                                                              --------
                                                        Total   300.92
                                                              --------

Just hit my wallet hard, but after this i should be able to use my phone how i really want too :). Next is a new bluetooth radio for my car to top things off.

Go on tell me i've been ripped off and i've chosed all the wrong stuff :p! :o

Soldato
LeperousDust said:
Code:
 117018 HS850 Bluetooth Headset (Black, UK)        1    32.30    32.30
          In Stock
 123339 Bluetooth® SLIM GPS SiRF III Receiver      1    98.68    98.68
          In Stock
 126808 4GB Secure Digital Card (SD)               1    58.68    58.68
          In Stock
 127174 i-mate JASJAR WriteSHIELD AG Deluxe        1    22.09    22.09
        2-Pak
          In Stock
 134225 Mobile PDA Cradle Qtek 9000                1    37.40    37.40
          In Stock
                                                Shipping Info     6.95
                                                          VAT    44.82
                                                              --------
                                                        Total   300.92
                                                              --------

Just hit my wallet hard, but after this i should be able to use my phone how i really want too :). Next is a new bluetooth radio for my car to top things off.

Go on tell me i've been ripped off and i've chosed all the wrong stuff :p! :o

4GB sd card, nice. Sure you could have got the other bits from Ebay for a lot cheaper though. £300 seems a hell of a lot.

Soldato
OP
Possibly, but i don't have the time to scout ebay for the deals. What i see is mostly old poo that sells for far more than its worth. Although i'll agree there are some deals to be had, just hard to find and you need the time and the right timming. Also i wanted a decent GPS receiver thus it cost me ~£115, i've used a mates cheapo one and it's just utterly useless.

The headset i've just heard good things about it, and that was basically the cheapest place i could get it, not the but since i was getting everything else there with shipping it worked out cheaper :).

Cradle isn't expensive, screen protector is (without a doubt) but i hope it will be worth it, as its Anti-Glare and some solutions to completely clean everything as well as it being a 2 pack.

Why am i justifing all this! :p :o hehe.

Soldato
LeperousDust said:
Why am i justifing all this! :p hehe.

Because you answer to me, lol ;) . I'm not to keen on the headset I would have gone for this but each to there own. I'm not realy sure why you paid that much for the receiver either, not heard any good things about that unit :confused: . If you can tell me other wise though go for it, i take it you would have done some reading into it before you went out and spent £115 on a peice of kit that you can get a very good one for £80 ie, the tomtom unit.

And as for £22+VAT for a screen protector :eek: ! Are you mad or just like to waste money?

These seems like a, I really like to waste money and I'm proud of it thread tbh. Sorry if that sounds rude.

Also if you think £50 for a cradle is good then :eek: too!

Soldato
The GPS receiver is v. good from what I've heard, I'll be ordering one soon. Excellent battery life, and using the sirfstar3 chipset, so reception and satellite locking is really good on it too. However, you can get them for £70 inc VAT :o

Soldato
OP
Scottland said:
However, you can get them for £70 inc VAT :o
Bah :( I have checked around for it, but finding decent mobile accessory stores that actually have it IN STOCK is very difficult.

What sites do everyone else use (so i can get upset when i find everything cheaper)?

I'm not boasting about how much i paid, far from it, it hurt my wallet a lot. The screen protector i see as an investment hopefully, that or i've been duly ripped off, i'm hoping the antiglare stuff works good though, plus it works out to £12.50 per protector and application stuff etc... It's not THAT bad (just bad).

The cradle is a slim fit nice looking cradle for my specifically for my phone, the power unit is partially built in etc... That's why it costs a little more, i was going to get an £8 one, bu it looked fugly compared to the one i've bought. The £8 one being the standard PDA holder thingy you see everywhere.

As said, i've heard lovely things about that GPS and i've had bad experiences with my mates cheap(er) one. I didn't really wanna risk £60-80 on one that would work OK when i know it would **** me off.

With regard to the headset, the SE one is very nice, and i was going to get that too, it's got caller ID function which is pretty swish but the bluetooth stack for WM5 is poo and you have to mess around to enable it with WM5 and its still poor after that. So i got the moto one instead just to save the hassle, because i know if i bought the SE headset i'd spend more time trying to get it working :p :o.

//Edit: I also didn't mention i like the flipping open and answering call all at the same time and to my convenience of the moto headset.

//Edit2: Just found that GPS reciever for £90 off, this is sods law at work! But still thats without P&P so i'm probably saving £10-20ish on my £300 bill, i think i'll live.

Last edited:
Associate
My Motorola H700 Bluetooth headset was delivered today, I bought it from a shop on Ebay that is selling them and loads of other headsets for just £4.99+p&p which is around £18 with postal insurance from the items location Hong Kong, they are brand new boxed with instructions and all the normal accessories and I am very pleased with mine.

Soldato
TONY said:
My Motorola H700 Bluetooth headset was delivered today, I bought it from a shop on Ebay that is selling them and loads of other headsets for just £4.99+p&p which is around £18 with postal insurance from the items location Hong Kong, they are brand new boxed with instructions and all the normal accessories and I am very pleased with mine.

Uk charger?

Soldato
OP
Well everything turned up today, my BT GPS reciever is stunning! Signal strength is amazing, speed of it is great, flawless, and it's so tiny.

The screen protector, for £20+ is and isn't a total rip-off, the anti glare on it works great, and all the cleaning stuff that comes with it is very kind to my phone, and easy to use etc... I've also now go a spare screen protector for when i've fubared this, and some phone friendly cleaning agent and micro fibre cloth (like the stuff you get for cleaning glasses lense basically). It's not all worth £20+ But it's not near as bad as it sounds, like i'd hoped really.

The cradle is utter tosh, looks okish, its just horrible and plasticy and not what i thought it would be thats going back.

I'm also not that impressed with the headset :( after all i'd read too, it does a nice job, it's a little bigger than expected and seems to sit wrong on my ear, also i dont think i suit wearing it! :p. So thats going back too :)

The 4gb card is lovely as you might expect! What could go wrong with that though :o

Any suggestions on another headset? Shall i go with the SE one (the one i was originally going to get?).

Also any nice car kits that can flip between landscape and portrait easily, and don't include a HUGE speaker on them? I plan to use my car radio/speakers for sound so i don't need these big speakers pre-attached to my car kits)

Thanks guys, and feel free to say you were right.

Back
Top Bottom