Remember The Mosquito Alarm aka the chav detterent

Soldato
Schoolchildren have recorded the sound, which they named Teen Buzz, and spread it from phone to phone via text messages and Bluetooth technology.

Now they can receive calls and texts during lessons without teachers having the faintest idea what is going on.
Juvenile delinquents with the intuition to record an ultra-high frequency noise on their mobile phones and spread it around via bluetooth? Surely I'm not the only one to doubt this; not least due to the technical limitations of mobile phone microphones/speakers? I know a ringtone which fits this description, and it's been spreading around for a good month or so now - it's just a long "whizzing" noise. Maybe it's old age setting in, but I highly doubt a mobile phone is capable of outputting that kind of noise?

Sounds like this "secondary school teacher in Cardiff" is just a bit deaf, and the press are twisting the story into a "intellectual children come up with ingenious plot to misbehave in class" affair :o

Soldato
Quantic said:
Frequency Sample

Who can hear it and ages please?

21 and I can! And it's horrible! Had to switch it off.
using headphones here, couldn't here it at all unless it was at FULL volume (yeah... thats 11 fools :p) and it damn near melted my brain...

at the level i normally have music at i couldn't hear it

edit:
tried it on my speakers, can hear it plain as hell on sub-regular settings...
must be my headphones :confused:

edit: again

i'm 20 btw

Last edited:
Soldato
21, I can barely hear it. Mind you, I'v been listening to drumm shattering heavy metal since I was 12, I am not listening to psytrance but it's as loud.

Anyway, we should get a car and load it up with loudspeakers and blast this around town, then see the little ******s run around like crazy. Hell yeah :D

Back
Top Bottom