Vista Beta 2 Goes Public Today

Soldato
OP
Memphis said:
Just to avoid newbie confusion, this is still only to those with MSDN subs right?
Nope, that was released back during WinHEC (24th May.. ish). This is to the general public, anybody and everybody who wants a copy can download a copy and try it free of charge.

Soldato
OP
marc2003 said:
when it's available later, will it be cd isos or dvd? i don't have any blank dvds.... :( :D
DVD ISO, but it'll install quite happily onto another partition or drive using something like Daemon Tools to mount it.

Caporegime
So how big is it and i assume you can dual boot? Whats going to happen when vista is actually released, can you instantly not use it?

Soldato
OP
See posts 1 and 6. It's going to be released at some point today, it hasn't actually been released yet. The servers are being prepped, and until it's official, there's access restrictions - hence the message.

Amp34 said:
So how big is it and i assume you can dual boot? Whats going to happen when vista is actually released, can you instantly not use it?
DVD ISO is 3.13Gb, iirc (for x86 - more for x64). MS advise you to have 15Gb minimum available on the target partition (in fact, setup prevents you installing unless you have this much space). It doesn't quite take up all that room, but it's pushing 10Gb from what I can see.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom