Mobile phones - too complicated?

Soldato
I have recently bought a nokia 8910i I "downgraded" from a p510/p900
I found them just too complicated to bother to learn how to use, or maybe I couldn't be bothered to learn the features.

The symbian nokias are all just too slow, too many menus, too much faffing about with cameras, mp3's etc etc.
If you press the wrong button, it will load up the camera, which will take 10 seconds to close again. They have become far too bloated with **** that no one will ever use!

Am I the only one with this opinion?

The 8910i is so basic, you can get around quickly and learn the numbers to access each menu in a microsecond.

Soldato
I totally agree.

I've had loads of smartphones over the past couple of years... and each time I've quickly switched back to a standard phone. I don't even want a phone with a camera.. I've used the camera probably twice.

Using a 6230i at the moment, because it's Pop-Port and has a car cradle available, and because Orange gave me a free CK-7W carkit. It's great - it works as a phone and doesn't do a load of useless junk that I'll never use.

Caporegime
i tihnk its more a case of you didnt need to use the features so never bothered to learn how.

most things are pretty easy once you have done it a few times. if you need those features then you will learn it.

i think the problem comes from people buying phones that they dont need. the amount of people i know with MDAs etc but only use them for calling and sms (occasional game maybe) but not for what they can actually do, is shocking.

Permabanned
I must agree, but i find the sony range of k series phones to be very user friendly and quick to operate, the n70 i foolishly upgraded to is slow and unresponsive, but it can do sat nav which is something i need.

Soldato
jamoor said:
The symbian nokias are all just too slow...

I disagree, my Nokia E60 is just as fast as some of my older series 40 Nokias.

I do agree with you somewhat though, I've spent nearly 6 months waiting for a decent phone to pop up that's not loaded with useless crap I'll never use. The E60 is a very decent compromise, and I've always loved Nokia 'business' phones anyway.

:)

Back
Top Bottom