w/c pump check, aquaextreme...

Soldato
hey guys, been lookin for a pump to finish off my loop and have got my eyes on the AquaXtreme 50Z-DC12

The system is a socket A comp (2500-m, 2x256 bh-5, 9800XT, dfi infinity). Im plannin on overclockin/volt modding just to see what i can get out of a mobile on water :)

the rest of my loop is:

black ice extreme III
3x panaflo M1A's
Danger Den maze 4 cpu block
aquaxtreme MP-1 gpu block

will the 50Z-DC12 be any good with this stuff?? from what ive read its got a pretty good head on it (10' or so) and can push quite a bit of water (185gph)

EDIT: btw, its 1/2'' tubing all round

Last edited:
Soldato
ive got a similar loop going here,
50z, BIX2, Maze4 and an RBX. the pump seems pretty good ( the reviews speak for them selves)

i went for this pump because it is what tjhe 'guru' of watercooling ( ''Cathar'' ) reccomends, high head, decent flow... but best of all VERY low heat dump, what more do you want ?

not positive about the other pumps out there, but you can turn the front of the pump around to have the outlet facing north, east, south and west as it were.

Soldato
OP
thats all good to know :)

another reason i liked it was cos it had a 4-pin molex on it and it only consumed 9w of power :) compared to the 20w+ ive seen on some of the pumps

Permabanned
Yeah the 4 pin is great as it don't move what so ever is you move your case about lots etc etc.

I had to fit a 4 pin on mine so not sure if thats cos it was a bulk order or not but meh it works.

Just don;t fire it up with no hose on the end as it's goes sky high and all over the shot!!

Man of Honour
its an excellent pump probably the most powerful 12volt pump, only thing is some people say its quite noisy needs bit of insulation between it and case and its fairly large so a good size case is recommended

Soldato
ichabod crane said:
its an excellent pump probably the most powerful 12volt pump, only thing is some people say its quite noisy needs bit of insulation between it and case and its fairly large so a good size case is recommended

call 0800 111548 - tempur matress company, ask for a sample of their material and it arrives withign 4 days lol... macic stuff for insulation, my pump sits on 2CM of it, and it makes a huge difference.

Associate
R B CUSTOMS said:
call 0800 111548 - tempur matress company, ask for a sample of their material and it arrives withign 4 days lol... macic stuff for insulation, my pump sits on 2CM of it, and it makes a huge difference.
ROFL I may have to give this a go! I was planning to use old socks under my pump but will this mattress stuff be much better?

Man of Honour
yeh its good stuff. its a memory foam very dense system, my parents have a tempur matress so i have a sample cube. its much softer than neoprene stuff that you can get for insualtion on peltiers thats also good under a pump

Associate
R B CUSTOMS said:

Probably the best bit of W/C advice i have ever read on a forum. Cheers m8! I have my Aquaextreme on a kitchen sponge. :)

Caporegime
cokecan72 said:
thats all good to know :)

another reason i liked it was cos it had a 4-pin molex on it and it only consumed 9w of power :) compared to the 20w+ ive seen on some of the pumps

I've got one of these, an excellent pump indeed, due to the low power output I can wrap it in thick foam and can't hear it over my fans whatsoever :)

Soldato
R B CUSTOMS said:
i went for this pump because it is what tjhe 'guru' of watercooling ( ''Cathar'' ) reccomends, high head, decent flow... but best of all VERY low heat dump, what more do you want ?

I went for two in series for that little bit extra. After all, everyone wants more head! :D

Back
Top Bottom