Ditch my Thermaltake Monster for...

Associate
Hello,

I've had my Thermaltake Xaser III for a few years now. I used to love the look of it when I first bought it but now it's just an eyesore in my room!

It does have a ton of space inside which I really like but it also has 7x80mm case fans which makes the whole thing just roar.

monster.jpg

Im looking for a new case to replace this old beast. Ideally I would like 120mm fans front and back and possibly another fan somewhere near the graphics card as my 6800GT gets a lil hot sometimes when OCed (unless this causes too much noise?)

In a nutshell I would like super quiet, super cooling and super looks. Easy right...?

Any guidance greatly appreciated!

Soldato
Count yourself lucky, I once had the SKULL version. (Budget one as the vanilla Xaser III was to much money.)

I went to a Cheiffy Scorpio. :)

But for you, depending on budget my suggestions are already up.

But throwing something else to the mix, Coolermaster Mystique is pretty good aswell.

Soldato
Seems everyone has had one at some point, mine self destructed with side panels that ended up not fitting and a door that broke when nobody was around it.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Yewen said:
Seems everyone has had one at some point, mine self destructed with side panels that ended up not fitting and a door that broke when nobody was around it.

Not me, but I did have that power ranger one! :p

Get an S80 in black or PC101 in silver :p

Associate
OP
Budget wise im prepared to go up to £100. To be honest I'm after something quality that will last several upgrades so i'd rather spend more and get something that is good as opposed to buying cheap and cheerful regularly!

Soldato
Lian Li PC7+.

Never gets old once you see it, been around for years and years and I still like it as do most people.

Built really well, could cool a SLI rig, undoubtedly has 10x the potential of your current case to cool at a low noise level. :)

Lian Li PC7+ with some decent fans and maybe a side window if thats your thing, all under £100 total. :)

(Window is not stock, under Lian Li Accessories if you can't find it.)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I've had a look at the Lian-Li PC7+ and it has the 2X120mm fans I would like (spec says 1x120 + 1x80mm - but other topics mention it ships with 2x120mm?)

Would this provide enough airflow past my HDDs and on to the VGA card?

I have 3 HDDs which have a tendancy to block everything especially if the case is not particularly roomy. Is there a case which perhaps has 2x120mm in the front? Although I assume this would just amp up the noise again...

I need a happy medium!

Soldato
mekrel0244wc.jpg

2x Raptors in the bottom, and 1x Maxtor above.

That answer your question. ;)

Ample cooling, and yes dual 120mm seems to be what OcUK ship.

Associate
OP
Aha! superb! that is exactly what I have. 2x Raptors in Raid and a big fat drive to store junk!

I guess I have a winner then. Thanks for the input peeps!

Soldato
Chicks dig silver cases then. :o

My ex liked the v1000, so it says something as it was the only thing she was ever interesting in PC wise.

Soldato
Yewen said:
Chicks dig silver cases then. :o

My ex liked the v1000, so it says something as it was the only thing she was ever interesting in PC wise.
My girlfreind goes mental everytime I even say the c word.... (computer - for anyone not with it today) let alone if I start questioning her o nwhat colour case to go next :p

SHe does prefer the looks of the Silverstone TJ05 over any of the lian-lis though :):p

Soldato
Does not appreciate the finer things in life then, I would dump her on the spot for a comment like that. :D (I wonder why im currently single...)

Again, I say SILVER. :p

Back
Top Bottom