• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X2 Price Drops?

Associate
How much will the AMD X2's drop in price? Thinking about upgrading my CPU from a 3500+, and which X2 would be best at O/Cing?

Thanks, just abit new to all of this. :).

Associate
Booner! said:
I read the report, so 939 is being reduced aswell as AM2? im confused lol

Even though AM2 is a new socket, it still cannot compete with Intel's Conroe. That's why AMD has had to cut prices of AM2 as well as 939 since neither of them offer an advantage over Conroe and they will be the CPU of choice for anything and everything. :)

Associate
they will need to make some serious cuts in order to make them competative with conroe, the 4400+ will need to drop to about £150 to make it competative as it is not as good as E6600, but then again if you got AMD mobo then price cuts will probably come a few days before the conroe release, lets hope they drop loads! :D

Soldato
I upgraded from a Athlon 64 3500+ to a Athlon 64 X2 4200+(retail) for £237 including next day delivery just over a month ago. Now the CPU has gone UP in price, some sites by an extra £20. OCUK are sell the same CPU for 249.04, Im sure it didnt cost that much when I was price checking the CPU's back then. So does this mean only the OEM versions of X2's are getting the price drops?

Soldato
neologan said:
i'm desperate for an X2, any news as to wen this will happen, i know conroe is out on the 23rd but do you think we may see this before the 23rd?

conroe is now delayed to like 27th-29th july mate, im in same boat, im waiting for X2 price drop! ;)

Associate
Hmm...you know the AMD price drops were originally planned for release the day after conroe? do you think the conroe delay may have been intentional? just to mess AMD around and force them to delay price drops?
I was thinking about conroe, why would they delay it by like, 3 days? what difference would it make, theyre not going to be making changes to the chip are they?

Back
Top Bottom