• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7900GTX fails 3DMark06 at CPU test 1

Associate
Hi Guys,
My problem is that my brand new XfX 7900GTX initially was great. Passed 3D Mark06 no probs. Now though it gets to the 1st CPU test and my rig freezes. I have changed the display drivers from new to old and back again with no joy.
I even re-installed Windows but with no luck. I have reverted all my overclocks to default settings and still no joy. As it fails on the CPU1 test is this a problem with my Sandy processor or is it the 7900GTX thats the problem.
Is this going to be an RMA job or has anyone experienced the same problem and got a fix.
I got this error IDirect3DDevice9 Present failed Driver internal error (D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR)
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers guys :confused:

Last edited:
Associate
OP
MeatLoaf said:
Have you got coolbits installed?
I have tried it with coolbits installed and without, same results.
I cant even get through PC Mark 05 as it fails on that also.
I have changed forceware from old to new and back again, no joy.
What I can't understand is that it was okay for 2 days and then this, stange.

Associate
mate i had mine for over a week and they where fine then they started to go funny, some are funny from the start and some take a few days or weeks

Associate
XFX (and probably other brands) seem to have basically their whole batch being returned for faulty voltage regulators or something. The death ratio of these cards is a tad disheartening.

I think i'll stay away from the 7900 series.

Associate
My problem was also the Deep Freeze section not the CPU section. Deep Freeze seems to be the normal place where people have had problems. I havent come across anyone having problems at that point.

Back
Top Bottom