• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

XFX close discussion forums

Caporegime
Can't see anywhere on there where they have said 'were getting to many complaints about faulty 7900's so we have closed the forums down', it says they have closed them as they have started a brand new help desk, can't see anything wrong with that. :confused:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
LoadsaMoney said:
Can't see anywhere on there where they have said 'were getting to many complaints about faulty 7900's so we have closed the forums down', it says they have closed them as they have started a brand new help desk, can't see anything wrong with that. :confused:

Do you really think they would say "We closed them down as they were tarnishing our reputation". Read between the lines. I can see why they did it but it doesn't send out a good message. Its not like the problem was specific to XFX.

Soldato
i warned you all about this the 7900 has a major flaw that nvidia admitted to. it is said that nvidia will rectify this fault in later batches of 7900 cards since they don;t want to do a recall of all existing cards and loose ground to ati.

don;t touch a 7900 card untill the capacitors on the core have been replaced for the newer ones.

Associate
Cyber-Mav said:
don;t touch a 7900 card untill the capacitors on the core have been replaced for the newer ones.

Sounds interesting, so how do we know when this process is done? Will there be a revised version number to it??

Soldato
this was posted on a news site a while ago that nvidia aknowledges the cores are faulty but won;t do a recall cuz its gonna look bad and ati will capitalise on the recall. later batches will have a rectified core and will be fault free. only time will tell. msi are supposed to be the first to have phased out the faulty cards and are now producing cards using the new revised core..

Associate
Cyber-Mav said:
this was posted on a news site a while ago that nvidia aknowledges the cores are faulty but won;t do a recall cuz its gonna look bad and ati will capitalise on the recall. later batches will have a rectified core and will be fault free. only time will tell. msi are supposed to be the first to have phased out the faulty cards and are now producing cards using the new revised core..

Yaaa so how do us punters know when it's sorted??

Soldato
Im not surprised... My XFX 7800 GT is faulty and when I started noticing the problem I went to the XFX forums to find that there was LOADS of people in my position complaining about the same things. I actually have to underclock my graphics card before I play games or else the screen will go blank and the computer crashes.

Im certainly not going to buy another crappy XFX card again, thats for sure..

Man of Honour
ACESHIGH said:
Interestingly enough XFX have closed their US discussion forums. It appears too many people were complaining about faulty 7900 series cards. Thats an interesting response. Didnt want people to see the large numbers of complaints i guess.

http://www.xfxforce.com/web/forumsMessage.jspa;jsessionid=awe6-y62f2Ido29MIW
Not quite. It was the too many people complaining about faulty 7800 series cards that prompted the closure, judging by the timing and the plethora of threads on the subject. They just gave some notice of it, which ran into the time of the 7900 range.

Damn, what am I saying? They closed the discussion forums in order to give better service to customers. It said so in the message saying that the forums would be closing. So it must be true.

As I said on the XFX forums after the first few weeks of wasted time with a card that did not work as described, I will not buy an XFX product again. There are plenty of other graphics card companies. I'm pleased with my Leadtek 7900GT. I'm pleased that OcUK took my XFX 7800GT back.

Man of Honour
Cyber-Mav said:
i warned you all about this the 7900 has a major flaw that nvidia admitted to. it is said that nvidia will rectify this fault in later batches of 7900 cards since they don;t want to do a recall of all existing cards and loose ground to ati.

If nvidia admitted to the fault (if it exists) and won't do a recall, that would cost them more than a recall would. Firstly, it would wreck their reputation. People would not like to hear "yeah, we know it's faulty but you bought it so hard luck". Secondly, it would be illegal in at least some countries - sale of good unfit for the purpose, etc.

Soldato
xolotl said:
Do you really think they would say "We closed them down as they were tarnishing our reputation". Read between the lines. I can see why they did it but it doesn't send out a good message. Its not like the problem was specific to XFX.
Is paranoia a way of life for some of you?

Back
Top Bottom