Google VS Microsoft!

Associate
Having just read a book on Google, i cant help but feel that Microsoft will blow the company (Google) out of the water before long. I think Google more than Linux will cause Microsoft to step up a gear and claim it's rightful crown.! Whats your opinion?

~J~

~J~

Soldato
anotherF said:
Having just read a book on Google, i cant help but feel that Microsoft will blow the company (Google) out of the water before long. I think Google more than Linux will cause Microsoft to step up a gear and claim it's rightful crown.! Whats your opinion?

I said this months ago, the light that shines twice as bright shines half as long.

Google are an exceptional company, but seem to be focussed on buying as many small/medium software houses and distributing them for free (Google Earth, their spreadsheet, soon to be released wordprocessor, sketching software, analytics, etc, etc).

But sooner or later people are going to wonder 'why its free'. Is it because the software is inferior to the others out there, or is there some underlying 'features' that Google want from us because there's no such thing as a free lunch.

~J~

~J~

Soldato
anotherF said:
But online apps why, they can never be secure, can they?

Who knows? Totally wrong to say, but who's to say that in a few years when Google dominate and people are trusting them with their data that Google turn around one day and say "Right, we're losing money, from now on if you want to access all that 10Gb of information you've saved, then it'll cost ya".

Who knows?

Associate
OP
Good point and thats why i am a microsoft fan, they are a business and proud to show it.

And for online apps. I tried google calander and found 30boxes.com to be better anyway.

Man of Honour
~J~ said:
Google are an exceptional company, but seem to be focussed on buying as many small/medium software houses and distributing them for free (Google Earth, their spreadsheet, soon to be released wordprocessor, sketching software, analytics, etc, etc).
Delivering products for free alongside advertising is also nothing newThe web survived on such a model for years; many TV and radio companies still do.

Again: yawn. Hype is so boring :)

anotherF said:
Good point and thats why i am a microsoft fan, they are a business and proud to show it.
What on Earth is that supposed to mean? :confused:

Soldato
Beansprout said:
What on Earth is that supposed to mean? :confused:

I read that to mean, that MS never try to hide that they are a business and wanting to make money, where as google seem to want to appear to be the customers friend...

I have to admit, I am a MS lover though myself.

Back
Top Bottom