oh FFS! Now why no sound??

Soldato
Just put a bunch of new stuff together around an asus a8n sli premium board.

All drivers including nforce audio driver installed, no sound though?

I've checked in itunes and it plays tracks which means it thinks theres an audio device, also in the nvmixer the graphic equalizer is thinkings its making noise. I've tested the speakers on my ipod and they're working fine..

An other ideas?

Soldato
matt100 said:
Just put a bunch of new stuff together around an asus a8n sli premium board.

All drivers including nforce audio driver installed, no sound though?

I've checked in itunes and it plays tracks which means it thinks theres an audio device, also in the nvmixer the graphic equalizer is thinkings its making noise. I've tested the speakers on my ipod and they're working fine..

An other ideas?

plugged it in to the right port? havent got mute on by any chance? just go through all of the settings slowly and carefully.

Soldato
hmm might have wav muted or turned down really low in the advanced sounds and audio properties?

can you post a screenshot of the sound and audio control panel (you know the one with line in aux cdrom etc?

Associate
I have an asus a8n-e (I believe a similar board) and you have to enable the onboard sound in the bios, this could be your problem. Also I believe there is some issues with plugging in front panel audio and something to do with jumpers, this problem gave me 1 channel sound and in the end I just bought a soundcard.

Soldato
OP
I'm working to that opinion myself, its enabled in the bios, just did another windows install just to be sure and I flashed the bios again still nothing.

It does think there's speakers there, its just not making any noise :(

Soldato
OP
how weird.. well its working now I've done the jumpers for the front panel (cheers!) just have to wait and see if the sound is actually any good

Back
Top Bottom