VGA cables for 360

Associate
Are any third party ones any worse than the official one?

I decided not to get the official one ann instead purchased one from ebay.

Soldato
The official one so ive heard gives better picture quality and clarity. Theres a logitech one but its a bit washed out picture wise.

Stick to the official.

Josh

Soldato
I originally had a Joytech lead and it was significantly worse than the official one which I later bought.

Colours were washed out (even after the dashboard update) and the screen wouldn't center itself correctly at certain resolutions, even after fiddling with the TV's set up.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
sanofi said:
Hmm, so if I have the vga lead plugged into my monitor, what about sound?

Connect the phono leads to your PC speakers or hi-fi. I use mine with my hi-fi which also acts as my PC speakers.

Did the VGA cable come with audio out?

Associate
OP
It comes with Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound output, a red and white plug as well as the VGA connector.

Also, I'm using a pair of Creative I trigue 3450's, would I connect the VGA lead to the Sub?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
you connect the VGA cable to the monitor and the red and white phone leads to the back of yer speakers / sub if theres an input for them as they are audio out right and left channels.

If you donet have imputs for them on your speakers then well, yer pretty much not going to get sound through those speakers, unless they have a optical digital input which is probably a no no.

Last edited:
Associate
As above really, but since your I-Trigue set won't have those inputs then you will need a phono->3.5mm jack adapter to plug into the rear as usual, or the AUX-In beside the volume control.

Since im a nice guy, ive made you a diagram: ;)

I-Trigue i3450 connectivity diagram

Please note, the red & white phono leads shown will be the ones from the VGA cable.

Associate
OP
hairyhen said:
As above really, but since your I-Trigue set won't have those inputs then you will need a phono->3.5mm jack adapter to plug into the rear as usual, or the AUX-In beside the volume control.

Since im a nice guy, ive made you a diagram: ;)

I-Trigue i3450 connectivity diagram

Please note, the red & white phono leads shown will be the ones from the VGA cable.

Wow thanks. Hmm any idea where one would get one of those adaptors? Argos perhaps?

Also I tried the VGA lead on my monitor in sig and to be honest it looks aweful even compared to a small SDTV. Is this because of the third party adaptor?

I had it set to 1280x1024 widesreen on a 1440x900 monitor and the colour/contrast/brightness were terrible.

Oh and btw, would that phono adaptor be the same as an RCA-to-stereo adapter?

Last edited:
Associate
Those kinda high street stores usually only stock 3.5mm-to-phono leads, for connecting mp3 players and other such portable devices, to larger hi-fi equipment.

EDIT: The official HD AV Cable i ordered just arrived and it comes bundled with the adapter you need.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom