How Much Bandwidth Do You Use In A Month?

Soldato
I was quite shocked when i checked into how much data i have been downloading and uploading in the last month, see here...

Link

With only 71% coverage it has recorded 74gbs of data downloaded and uploaded, this is between 4 machines. I don't download much really, the odd BT, lots of general surfing with video content etc but still, i've only got 300 odd gigs of storage and more than half of that isn't used. My brother only chats on msn and my parents use a fair bit of video content and live radio. I had thought that I didn't download anywhere near 74gbs in a month, I thought 30 or so!

I'm surprise at the amount i've uploaded more than anything, I hardly use BT which makes me think there is an error in the way it tracks the data :confused: Although thinking about it, I use RDP and VPN a fair bit...

Anyway, how much do you use a month? I'm sure some people here will be using a lot more than me!

Caporegime
usage.jpg

y-axis unit being GB, and this month being an estimate, obviously.
Average 79.34GB down, 34.30GB up.

sid

sid

Soldato
BillytheImpaler said:
4 TiB :eek:

My Bittorrent server's been working extra hard to keep up with demand for Ubuntu 6.06 ever since its release in June.

I guess theres no fair usage policy or anything in the US. whats your upload?

Soldato
About 40 gig this month as I downloaded a 20gig backup file from my webserver. I like to have copies on my pc.

Usually probably about 20 gig at the very most.

Soldato
Probably around 150GB a month. Sometimes more, sometimes less. I have both cable and ADSL and balance my downloads out across both so as not to get whined at.

Adz

Adz

Soldato
I broke my 20GB allowance for the first time last month. I work from home most days, surf a lot of video content, receive large emails, download/upload large files, etc, etc. On average I'm using the connection 12 hours a day (and have incremental tasks running 24/7).

Soldato
tolien said:
It's a Windows app that exports its stats in HTML.
Where does it pull the stats from though?
Im not running any specific applications that monitor bandwidth.
Unless theres something built into windows that im unaware of?

Caporegime
The clue's in the page title - PRTG (there's even a link).
It extracts its values from your router through SNMP, in the same way as I use Cacti to extract values from my Cisco 877 to draw this:

usage.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom