Dell 2007WFP any good for games?

Associate
is this monitor any good when it comes to gaming? i see it has a 16ms response time, and it seems a little high. so does anyone here have this monitor and can tell me if its good with games, and is there ghosting?

Another question is it worth getting 1x 2407WFP or 2x 2007WFP?
i watch movies on my 26" HDTV so it's not going to be used for movies much if atall. i used to have 2x19" TFT's and i loved that setup, but atm im using 1x19" and the HDTV as a second monitor.

Another question is, if i get 2x2007WFP how would i beable to link them up to the pc with my HDTV? would i need another graphics card? something like a cheap pci one?

Thanks.

Associate
Youre better off getting one 2407 and 1 20" normal aspect monitor as the vertical res is the same on both ... The vertical res of the widescreen is less, and that can cause the mouse to behave wierdly when moving from one screen to the other. Its obviously not a huge problem as it can be mostly sorted by arranging the desktop positions in windows properly.

Soldato
Sinizterguy said:
Youre better off getting one 2407 and 1 20" normal aspect monitor as the vertical res is the same on both ... The vertical res of the widescreen is less, and that can cause the mouse to behave wierdly when moving from one screen to the other. Its obviously not a huge problem as it can be mostly sorted by arranging the desktop positions in windows properly.

Yeah with my 17" and 15" it would get "stuck" at the top and bottom of the screen but I just moved the position in display options so that it only got stuck at the bottom and I just remembered to move the mouse about an inch higher than the bezel ;)

The 2007WFP is fantastic for games, I have no ghosting what so ever. :)

Associate
Yep...Very good. I have had mine for about a month and havent noticed any ghosting. Been playing COD2, NFS Most Wanted and FEAR all with no problems.

Dan

Permabanned
hey guys very interested in this monitor any of you had any problem with the screen i.e dead pixels colour banding or back light bleed

also would it be possible if you guys could do this for me and tell me the panel number

1- Turn off your screen
2- Press simultaneously the 'Menu' and '+' button of the screen.
3- While holding the 2 buttons, press now the 'Power' button.
4- Once the screen in ON, unpress the 3 buttons.
5- Just press '-' button

Thanks

Associate
mine arrived yesterday morning :)

well pleased with it so far

DSC00025Medium.jpg

Soldato
I miss the stock stands, it was nice to be able to play around with the hieght and tilt whenever you wanted. Although I have got both of mine set up in a perfect position (for me) on my dual monitor stand :)

Associate
Hate to hi-jack this thread.
But considering my topic, i thought i would be best to add it hear.
Especially when the thread covers the image quality of the Dell moniters.

I want to ask about the image quallity of the 24" version? 2407WFP is the model name i think?
Again its main use will be games and DVD's + general desktop usage.
It's very expensive, but the student loan will pay for it. :D :cool:
Or would i be best with another choice considering its native resolution. and my Rig. Please look at my sig.
Regards VIPeR.

Soldato
Massive Attack said:
just ordered mine :D anychance of getting a pic of your fobose and the make of your stands

Sure:

ScreenSaver.jpg

Thats the latest pic I have with them set as perfect I can get them on the stand! Its a custom stand, one my friends dad made - there was a thread about it;

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=7769441#post7769441

There are lots of pics of the stand on there from all angles too.

<edit> As you for VIPER, I dont know about the 2407WFP, there are lots of "2407WFP" threads about, but I am sure someone will answer you later.

Last edited:
Associate
Cheers Fobuse.
Been having a look around some of the older threads on the forum.
And iam starting to think 1 or 2 of the 20" versions are a better purchase.
Especially as i love a dual screen setup.

Been looking at the 2007WFP 20" specifications.
And i noticed that its a 16ms Response time, have you ever noticed it gousting on you during games or DVD's?
Also whats it like on games that dont supports its native resolution? can you manually adjust the aspect ratios???

Thanks for any input you can give me!
Much appreciated VIPER.

Soldato
Response times on monitors haven't really mattered for the past year I dont think, its all just marketting now. The 2007WFP Has 1:1 Pixel mapping so if a game doesn't support the WS res (and you cant hack/crack the game to support it) you can press a button on the menu which will play it in whatever res you select, but with a black border on the sides, or all around if its a small res like 1024. - You can do this by software too which I prefer, I just change the aspect ratio setting in my display drivers!

Games are fantastic with this monitor, I haven't notice any ghosting in any games so far (tried CS:S, COD2, Call of Juarez, and loads more!) :p Movies are excellent too and no problems there either.

Associate
Again Cheers.
Now that the easy part of this is done.
ie deciding what moniters to buy.
Now for the hard part. Ie convincing the parents there the best moniters available for my needs + justify the cost.
Ohh and wait for the student loan to come in, in the next few weeks. :D

Again Regards VIPER.
Keep you updated.

Back
Top Bottom