• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

BFG 8800 GTX/GTS arriving at OcUK soon and some images for you all!!

OcUK Staff
Hi there

First of all we shall be recieving our allocation of G80 product over the next few days. We have UK, Europe, and US allocation coming our way. What that means is we have plenty of stock.

You will be able to check the new products out and buy them on November 8th. Until then I cannot confirm specification or pricing due to NDA but the rumoured specifications are not far out;) and UK pricing is damn expensive but they will sell simply because its so quick.

Here is some screenshots from upcoming DX10 games due for release when VISTA comes out next year. DX9 performance of G80 is also no let down it should destroy anything currently available on that too.

ut2007_1.jpg

flight_simulator_x_1.jpg

alan_wake_1.jpg

Images taken from here:-
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1010840&postcount=1

Enjoy !!!

OcUK Staff
OP
TaKeN said:
Those Screenshots are Amazing :eek: :D

Any ideas on Pricing yet Gibbo ?

Hi there

GTS is around current GX2 pricing from OcUK.
GTX is more expensive then current GX2 pricing.

However there is still time for NVIDIA to change pricing prior to launch so things could get cheaper or more expensive. I doubt this will happen as we have been given our buy prices now.

Obviously with product been so tight then expect prices to be high anyway due to simple supply and demand. Anyone who looks surprisingly cheap will no doubt be because they have not been allocated any stock and if you have no stock anybody can advertise a price. OcUK always gets the lion share because we sell the most and we tend to follow the rules most of the time. ;)

Associate
The water looks pretty amazing. So to confirm, they are pretty quick for DX9 as well as having that elusive DX 'X' factor, if you pardon the pun!

Gibbo, how many units do you have? You didn't say that came under the NDA... ;)

(tips out jar of pennies, starts counting...)

OcUK Staff
OP
melbourne720 said:
The water looks pretty amazing. So to confirm, they are pretty quick for DX9 as well as having that elusive DX 'X' factor, if you pardon the pun!

Gibbo, how many units do you have? You didn't say that came under the NDA... ;)

(tips out jar of pennies, starts counting...)

Hi there

I cannot say, it just gives our competitors ammo to throw their toys out the pram as to why were getting so many more. Needless to say its well into three figures without any decimal points and all from BFG who we consider the best brand. Simply because they are so damn reliable and have an excellent customer support service and thats important when your spending so much money. :)

Associate
Damn you Gibbo

When can we expect pre-orders to start mate?

After reading the thread on the BenQ 24" monitor it looks like I need an nvidia card to run 1:1 pixel mapping in older games so I may as well get this one instead of the X1900XT crossfire setup I had planned and payed for and as I'm waiting for the monitor an extra 2 days shouldn't hurt (might give the kandalf lcs a chance to come back in as well)

Soldato
Woo pointless expensive graphics card on the horizon. Great.

Im not buying one...

My X1900XTX thrashes through anything I play at 1600x1200 with 4xAA and 16xAF :)

OcUK Staff
OP
jimmyjimmyo said:
Damn you Gibbo

When can we expect pre-orders to start mate?

After reading the thread on the BenQ 24" monitor it looks like I need an nvidia card to run 1:1 pixel mapping in older games so I may as well get this one instead of the X1900XT crossfire setup I had planned and payed for and as I'm waiting for the monitor an extra 2 days shouldn't hurt (might give the kandalf lcs a chance to come back in as well)

Hi there

No pre-orders! Its a hard launch with product in stock on November 8th. :)

Man of Honour
last two pictures are very impressive. I wonder if they are rendered though?

All remains is for the developers to make use of the new features and come up with some decent games to go with all this expensive graphics.

Soldato
Thanks for the info Gibbo, I'll probably wait until the prices drop to around sub £400. That link won't work for me, can someone re-post the screenshots... or just a few please so I can have a look. :cool:

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom