Sky at Night

Soldato
The sky looked quite fun this evening so before the clouds set in completely I whizzed over to the forest and took a few snaps. My fingers froze, but I enjoyed it :)

Taken at:
ISO 100 (some were at 200 and 320)
F3.5
30seconds
at 18mm on the Nikon D70 kit lens.

Most have had a border added, and the majority of the black ground cropped. A little cloning of plane trails in places, but otherwise no edits.

This was my first snap, was delighted to see the plough over the trees.

1.jpg

Then the clouds just to the left, moving towards us, made a nice effect:

3.jpg

I played with the colours on one to make it a lil bit poiple :) Just for fun!

2a.jpg

Soldato
Friends Clump!

The skies are all really nicely captured, it's just a shame there's a bit of noise creeping in, and they're not a bit sharper (windy up there I guess = wobbly tripod, and darn cold aswell). That comes with long exposures though, so can't be helped.

My favourite is No. 1, simply because it's a nice take on the subject. The lighting works well. I reckon you'd do well to pop back a few more times and experiment in the early morning too. I like No. 4 too, for the same reasons.

I really like the sky in 3, great sense of motion, but the foreground doesn't have much to back it up.

Now I look at the file details, I see they're heavily compressed which probably accounts for the noise/softness. Post up No.1 at a larger size perhaps?

Last edited:
Soldato
Very nice, although I think the shot where you adjusted the colours looks a bit odd.

Also I think the photos would look better with a white border perhaps, or no border at all, as the black one makes it a bit tricky to tell where the image ends

Back
Top Bottom