** The Official ASUS P5N-E SLI & Ultra 650i Thread **

Associate
I'm creating this thread as this board should be out in January, its much better having a single thread.

650i chipset info: http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2869&p=2

Asus P5N-E Sli Photo: http://images.anandtech.com/reviews/motherboards/asus/p5n-e-sli/650iboardL.jpg

The major highlights are the 650i only supports dual x8 SLI operation, single Gigabit Ethernet, four SATA 3Gb/s ports, and eight USB 2.0 ports instead of the dual x16 SLI, physics card slot, dual Gigabit Ethernet with teaming, six SATA 3Gb/s ports, and ten USB 2.0 ports on the 680i. Although NVIDIA has not stated specific support for the upcoming 1333FSB processors in the 650i, ASUS is saying the board will be capable of supporting them with an updated BIOS release. We also noticed that ASUS included EPP memory capability along with LinkBoost technology, both items are not officially supported by NVIDIA in their product documentation although each feature did work as advertised.

Associate
Just noticed another retailer, have listed another 650 board the Gigabyte S775 nForce 650SLI ATX 8CH HD Audio GLan due in 3-4weeks for £114.

Hope this isnt a sign on what price these 650 boards will cost as I really liked the sub £100 price.

Associate
Interesting review, I'll be in the market for a new board in the next couple of months so this may be an option I'll be considering

So it'll either be 965 v 650 for me

(currently running a P5W DH Deluxe)

Soldato
Well, my order has been dispatched, so I'm hoping to get it tomorrow or Monday at the latest. I paid £68.50+£8.50 p&p which, if it clocks at all, will make it the bargain of the moment!

Soldato
Jumping said:
Your postie is that early on a Saturday?

7am every day!

Jumping said:
Once you get the board could you post your experience. Also out of curiosity
where did you order it from?

Of course I'll post my experience - wild horses couldn't stop me. And if you were as painfully aware of the regulations of these forums you would know that you're not allowed to ask for competitors and I'm not allowed to tell you!

Last edited:
Soldato
shrek2 said:
When will ocuk stock this board? I am starting a new build soon.

As they had the BFG 680i and Abit 680i on Pre-order before Christmas I think it's fairly safe to say that if they saw the board on the immediate horizon they would be taking pre-orders for it.

There is an argument that says that it does not make good business sense for a company selling the 680i boards (especially if they have big stocks of the 680i boards) to sell a 650i board as they do the same job but one makes significantly less money per sale than the other. There is a rumour (no more than that) that the boards currently on sale in the UK are direct imports from Taiwan and that the 'official' ASUS boards will be launched in the UK in February with a significantly increased price (over £100).

It does seem odd that small 'unknown' etailers have these boards in stock at low prices while none of the major etailers are even mentioning that these exist. I am not a conspiracy theorist, but I do think that the current very high prices of the Core2Duo performance motherboards suit both the motherboard manufacturers and the retailers.

Associate
WJA96 said:
As they had the BFG 680i and Abit 680i on Pre-order before Christmas I think it's fairly safe to say that if they saw the board on the immediate horizon they would be taking pre-orders for it.

There is an argument that says that it does not make good business sense for a company selling the 680i boards (especially if they have big stocks of the 680i boards) to sell a 650i board as they do the same job but one makes significantly less money per sale than the other. There is a rumour (no more than that) that the boards currently on sale in the UK are direct imports from Taiwan and that the 'official' ASUS boards will be launched in the UK in February with a significantly increased price (over £100).

It does seem odd that small 'unknown' etailers have these boards in stock at low prices while none of the major etailers are even mentioning that these exist. I am not a conspiracy theorist, but I do think that the current very high prices of the Core2Duo performance motherboards suit both the motherboard manufacturers and the retailers.
Good point. I might just get a 965 mobo.

Associate
Which is why as soon as the wife gets paid I will order the mobo :) then wait till I get paid and order the CPU and RAM from OCuk so hopefully before February I should have a nice Core2Duo system running.

Hope my 1900xt will come back from RMA soon, as TBC is coming for WoW and I need my gfx card back.

Associate
WJA96 said:
Can someone else please verify that the CPU multiplier is unlocked upwards? Mine appears to run fine at 266 x 11 and it's an E6600!

Can you post a CPU-z, Coretemp and crystal CPUID screeny pls

Back
Top Bottom