Is sky bradband any good?

Associate
Hi
A friend has sky and asked me if there broadband offers were any good.
He's using a dial up at the mo and is looking at there 8 meg offer.
So i thought i would ask the question on the forums for advice

Associate
i take it from you saying hes on dialup he doesnt play any online games so yes will be ok. there technical support is none existent though and so is there customer service. still waiting after nearly 2 months to get it ceased

Associate
OP
No he don't play games he has an old xp 1500 he only uses for the net and photo printing.
I'am waiting for him to ask for help in upgrading his computer. :rolleyes:
The only problem is the dvd burner is the only thing worth keeping in his machine

Soldato
I have had it since August 2006. Been faultless all the way. Haven't needed either technical or customer service so I can't comment there. Taking cost, performance and reliability into account it is the best isp I have been with.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the advice.
I will tell him to go for it like you say it will be a hell of lot quicker than what he's using.
I'am just waiting to see what changes aol is going to introduce over the coming months it might be time for me to migrate to a new isp.

Soldato
Ive heard only bad things regarding sky broadband. My mate was happy with them when he started out on 8mb service. Then he had a problem and it took three months to sort out.

Customer service are like most places these days. Rubbish and inexperienced. When my inlaws were going for it they even told them lies just so that they could get a bonus for signing up a new customer.

But like the guy said, anything is better than dial up.

Deleted member 58846

D

Deleted member 58846

I have just moved over to SKY BB, check out my post over at skyusers forum.

and et al wallaaaa -= linky=-

Back
Top Bottom