Wii not working

Associate
Just been playin on the wii, the menu froze before it got to the wii menu, now when i turn it on i get a blank screen, check connectors and there all fine. There is no sound when it powers up as well.

Connected the sound direct to a pair of speakers and still no video or audio.

If i move the remote around I can feel the remote vibrate as thou its passing over one button.

Tried leaving it powered of for a few minutes still no look. :(

Also can anyone link me to a page regarding information on the internal button battery inside the wii, what hapens if I remove this battery.

This is one of the reasons I like my pc, when it does fail at least i can replace parts and fix the issues myself. :)

Associate
OP
Yeah mine done this before but leaving it turned off over night solved the issue last time but this time i still get nothing.

Well I removed the cr3032 battery incase it was used to remember any power up settings, but still no luck.

Have emailed wii technical support, but have still not heard back from them yet. I have to say the wii uk support site is rubbish compared to the american one.

This is the first console I have brought since my sega mega drive, and I have to say I unimpressed, my sega never failed ever, (well until i spilt coke into the machine :p )

Associate
OP
Well I'll keep you guys updated around the service levels I receive and how quickly they respond, the lack of information on the UK support site is worrying thou.

For you info

Email: Sent Wednesday 15th 4.00PM
Response: Still waiting

Associate
OP
Yeah I am going into full off mode even unplugged it from the mains a number of times.

Well this is day 2 since sending the email and still no response from nintendo's customer services dudes :( .

Associate
OP
Well just phoned the uk nintendo help line, and I am equally unimpressed, first of all the number 0870 6060 247 kept coming back as line busy and not even ringing.

Finally got through and I am told (by an answer machine) for any faulty wii I should just post it to them with a covering letter explaining the fault. What happens if my wii gets lost at there offices I have no reference number just my word that I sent my wii to them. Very poor customer service procedures, by my standards.

I will have to get it sent via signed deliverly. I also wonder what will happen to my saves and my mii's, and my friends list, oh and my vc games.

Does any one know if the vc games are linked via you nintendo login or to the console friend code?

M0T

M0T

Soldato
warnea1984 said:
Does any one know if the vc games are linked via you nintendo login or to the console friend code?

I think they are specific to the console, thats why you have to send them to nintendo so they can transfer your data over so you don't lose anything.

Associate
OP
M0T said:
I think they are specific to the console, thats why you have to send them to nintendo so they can transfer your data over so you don't lose anything.

Ah ok then, I been browsing the net looking for people with similar a problem, did manage to find one guy who had the same problem but he's in the USA and it appears as if there customer service is higher than the europe one, well if the support websites are any think to go by.

Are the wii's still hard to come by in the shops still, I am thinking about getting it fixed and then selling it on for the price I brought it for. Its a great console and I love it for what it is, but like I said earlier this is the first time I've brought a console in years and I seemed to be having no luck with consoles.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Well just to give an update, as of this date I have still not recieved a return email from codestorm, so if you have issues don't email custoemr services.

After phoning and sending my wii last Friday, I recieved what appears to be a new wii this morning, only 4 working days which is not a bad turn around at all.
Will update when I get it home and set it up. Will be interested to see what information they have copied across.

Soldato
Some guy had a fualty Wii on here a bit ago, not sure if it was the same problem.

You have to send it back out of your own pocket which is a bit rich if you ask me. If I were you I would send it back special delivery as you then have proof of postage and its trackable online. It will also be insured. It will probably cost you about £10.

When I sold my xbox on ebay it cost me £18 to send special delivery, but that was one weighty motha!!

Man of Honour
JUMPURS said:
Really?? Confused as to why anyone would pounce on that?

I assume when you are powering off you are going to off mode and not the silly standby mode?

This is the first 1 i have heard of failing too.
A certain number of PS3 fans ar ejust waiting to jump on the news that a Wii machine has got a fault. I'm sure I posted about my Wii fault on here but maybe I imagined it :p

Edit:

I've had nothing but awesome customer service from both MS and Nintendo (Twice with nintendo) so I'm not sure why others seem to be getting poor service =/

Associate
OP
Well got home plugged it in and it all started :D

Oh but wait I need to update the wii myself, I've lost all my mii's, all my saves including 60hrs on zelda, which I dont know if I can be bothered to go through again.

And to top it all of i am out of pocket as I've lost all my wii points and vc games. Even thou I sent a covering letter kindly asking if I could get them transferred.

I am going to have to write another letter I think as I can just about put up with losing every thing else put £20 worth of vc games and another £10 worth of wii points, as well as the £10.50 I paid for postage. So that £40 i am out of pocket because there systems dont have high enough quality control :mad:

I could have taken it back to the local shop and got a replacement, with no cost to myself.

I am angry can you tell :p

Back
Top Bottom