How long is it ok to keep Pasta in the fridge for?

Associate
Just wondering how long it would be ok to keep something like Pasta with Tuna Mayonaisse in the fridge for if I put it in tupperware.

Going to be eating quite a lot of it and would rather cook it in bulk than each time I have it.

Thanks

Soldato
I think it will keep ok, but in my experience, pasta does not re-heat well.
(Microwave makes it rubbery and dry)

Tbh, just cook fresh pasta only takes 10 mins. And if you must, you could store a tub of tuna mayonaisse in the fridge to mix thru it

Soldato
the pasta is ok but the Tuna and Mayo combo will kill you after 3 days :)
If the pasta is well cooked then it may get a bit sticky with starch after a couple of days but will be still edible. Buy fresh pasta and you can cook it in 3 minutes, open a tin of tuna and squirt mayo on top the job can be done and dusted in 5 min. so there is no real need to do it in bulk

Associate
OP
touch said:
I think it will keep ok, but in my experience, pasta does not re-heat well.
(Microwave makes it rubbery and dry)

Tbh, just cook fresh pasta only takes 10 mins. And if you must, you could store a tub of tuna mayonaisse in the fridge to mix thru it

Will probably be eating the Pasta cold as prefer if that way sometimes with tuna.

I reheated Pasta once and it tastes like crap so won't be doing it again. :p

Associate
i agree with others... i have no idea why you would be cooking something in bulk that only takes 10mins (max) to cook.
However... it would probably last a few days in the fridge... I'd give it 4 or so...
if it smells ok, its probably ok.

Soldato
2 days max.

I was looking at this domino sauce that was opened and stored, after I think 7 days I went to it and some nice green mould with spikey hair was there..I am sure it winked at me :(

Soldato
Mayo lives in a jar. Pasta also lives dried on a shelf. Tuna lives in a tin. All out of the fridge.

By this virtue, I'd reckon it'd be okay after a week or two... to be honest. If stored at 4'C, not much can grow. Even more so if you're going to heat it.

However, either cook it fresh each time, or keep it 2-3 days... it's the age old "open and consume within 2 days rule".

Worst case: you're not going to die from a little food poisoning (99% of the time).

NB: Do not take my words as verbatim, you could well die.

Soldato
24 Hours, 48 hours if you really have no other option.

:) <- Microbiologist! (we know everything) ;)

If in doubt, make some, keep it in the fridge and feed it to somebody each day when they get really sick knock 24 hours off and you have your storage time.

Last edited:

4p

4p

Soldato
Was just about to make a thread like this but no point...

Well the family went to an italian and i felt sick eating this pizza, so boxed it up and took it home

When to cook untill it screws over?

Associate
Thorpy said:
Was just about to make a thread like this but no point...

Well the family went to an italian and i felt sick eating this pizza, so boxed it up and took it home

When to cook untill it screws over?

NO! Don't reheat pizza!

The layer of fat between the base and the topping stops the sauces absorbing through and keeps the topping nice and moist. Thats why pizza tastes good cold in the morning. If you re-heat then the bread becomes all soggy and tastes naff.

Years of pizza reheats have taught me well.

If you do prefer it heated tho I would eat it the next day, no point after that as it dries out too much.

P.S: I almost cried when my housemate chucked out an entire packet of my smoked salmon because it was a month out of date. He just couldn't understand that contrary to what the date says, smoked fish lasts ages.

This is the same idiot who turned off the gas under my stew I had left to simmer while I was at uni. Cooked it anyway but I made him pay for the mess that was left.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom