help vista crashing nforce4 thing

Associate
Hi guys im new to this site. So hello to you all, Iv a problem that i hope someone can help me with. Iv installed vista ultimate and it runs perfect graphics wise, but when i play sound through it it crashes afer a few mins of sound (blue screen of death). When it reloads tells me wndows recovered from serious error, the find solution tells me its a problem with my nforce4 driver. Iv been on nvidia and tried loading a different driver but it still happens

my system is.

DFI LANPARTY NF4 SLI DR
MEMORY 2 GIG CRUCIALO BALLISTIX TRACER
GRAFFIX BFG 7800GT
CPU AMD 64X2 4400+

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT THANKS

CHRIS

Associate
I have an NFORCE 4 mobo as well and have a problem with the sound, although mine doesnt BSOD on me it just sounds really choppy and slows down.
I did read that its an Nforce driver issue, we just have to wait on NVIDIA giving us some drivers to be proud off.
My mobo is an MSI diamond 939 with soundblaster live 24 on board. Sorry I cant be much more of an help, but you are not alone on this situation.

I have gone back to XP pro for now.....the sound was terrible!

Associate
OP
hi thanks for the reply it really anoying when it bsods its fine till i use sound, iv let it run all night just using the screensavers but if i have sound bang its gone. Roll on nvidia then sorting us out

Sam

Sam

Soldato
Right

I did the above, then i downloaded the 64/32 realtek drivers un zipped it then clicked the setup.exe in the main folder

Windows restarted and hung on closing down

Restarted and it said something about the problem being to do with the realtek drivers

Grrrr any ideas :(

Associate
Hope this helps

As far as I know they are the finished drivers, I did have the beta ones on before and they worked fine, I uninstalled them and installed this version, with NO problems.

When I installed the drivers I did it via the computer NOT the setup in the unzipped folder I went , system properties, device manager, sound, video, and game controllers, right click properties and update driver, and found the folder containing the files.

Hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom