I've always loved Techno/Electronic music but only know of 1 or 2 artists/bands

I've currently got....

Daft Punk (ofcourse)
Vitalic
Jean Micheal Jarre (sp?)

Can anyone recommend any others?

Soldato
justice

anything else on the ed banger record label for sure ( its an by Daft Punks manager)

any of switches remix

most stuff off the institubes label , especially surkin

kavinsky

anything that thomas bangalter has touched or even just looked at

anything erol alkans worked with , even the indie bands hes produced.

i could go on and on to be honest :o love this type of music too much

Soldato
Techno/Electronic is like saying Rock/Guitar music these days.... :)

Right now, I'm liking dj scotch egg, boxcutter, v.snares, tipper, noisia, toasty, and vex'd. :) Laurant Garnier is good also. :D

Associate
Some of my favourites of electronic music at the moment:

Calvin Harris - that 'Acceptable In The 80's' song / video is stuck in my head...- has new album in June - has worked on one song for Kylie's new album.

MSTRKRFT - new (short) album 'The Looks' - if Daft Punk where Canadian. They've remixed Annie and Bloc Party in the past.

Rex The Dog - does killer electro/acid remixes and is working on his own album. Prototype is an awesome track.

Also Tiefschwarz, Tiga, Linus Loves & Vitalic (already mentioned)

Jean Michel Jarre has a new album out in March/April and going by the Youtube video its sounds likes he gone for a mainstream / commercial sounding dance record approach. Seems to be copying the artists he (may)once influenced...a little sad coming from a big fan :(

For techno yeah Kraftwerk's more recent albums would be a very good choice for a start... ;) outside of techno their early albums are magnificient

Last edited:
Soldato
Electronic Dave said:
MSTRKRFT - new (short) album 'The Looks' - if Daft Punk where Canadian. They've remixed Annie and Bloc Party in the past.
Just got this album, I'm very impressed with it (especially as they're Canadian ;))

Soldato
Bear said:
Thats what I would call techno, not what is being suggested earlier. Underground Resistance is well worth looking for.

we know that techno but the 3 artists the OP mentioned liking are tottaly un techno lol . hes maybe confused between genres

electronic dave has good taste

Associate
Sanchez said:
Just got this album, I'm very impressed with it (especially as they're Canadian

Haha :D I just got the album delivered yesterday after a little postage wait...pretty good...def one to stick on my new Walkman phone (up loud)...gonna need a 4GB MS card now! :rolleyes:

andy said:
electronic dave has good taste
Cheers andy for the comment :) ...you've probably guessed as to how I came up with my forum name :D

Still staying under the 'electronic' music discussion I've also got new albums by Air and Tracey '(Everything But The Girl)' Thorn this week...so I a fair bit to get through...and enjoy!

If you want something different they try some IDM/ambient/abstract electronic music. I'm a huge fan of Boards Of Canada (not actually from Canada but Scotland :D) and also Ulrich Schnauss...they both produce ethereal electronic landscapes and I highly recommend them. Not to everyone's taste I would admit but beautiful and reminiscent nonetheless.

Soldato
Boards of Canada are great... geogaddi is a classic.

If you like them, check out Wisp. He sounds quite similar, but there are a few more beats. :) He's signed to the excellent sublight records if I remember correctly. Also, 000 is also worth checking out aswell.

Back
Top Bottom