• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HD2900XT won't compete with GTX

Associate
http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=703&Itemid=34

ATI officially confirmed

ATI said in front of 150+ journalists that R600XT won't be able to compete with Geforce 8800 GTX. The dream is dead and Radeon HD 2900 XT won't be able to catch up with a six month old Geforce 8800 GTX.

ATI said that R600XT, Radeon HD 2900XT is about the performance of 8800 GTS. Radeon HD 2900 XTX won't be launched at mid may and will be delayed to Q3 2007. We already wrote about this here.

The dream that AMD can do something and return as the high end market leader s gone. R600 rails against G80. Congratulations on Nvidia.

---

Bugger.

Soldato
AMD's aquisition of ATI is turning out to be the worst decision both companies have made in a bloody long time.

At this disappointing rate it looks like I will be keeping my 8800GTS until 65nm GPUs start to show up, or at the very least until Crysis comes out and Vista actually get some support.

Soldato
OMG is this not the biggest farce in graphics card history? I mean okay the Voodoo 5500's were doomed to fail as everyone started using T&L at the time but this is shocking!
ATi were well on track I would have assumed, AMD trounce in and completely screw things up! JUst because they were second best in CPU's didnt mean they had to do the same with GPU's :(

It's actually really sad if this IS the truth! But from what Gibbo hinted at the card competes well with the GTX

Soldato
if the price is right who cares. Its pretty well known that the 8800s are absolute STONKERS, Nvidia got 1up big time here. ATI will learn though, assuming this is all true. There'll be some questions to be answered and they'll sort themselves out i recon.

Soldato
Well this now completely depends on pricing. If the R600XT is cheap enough, it'll certainly be chosen by people to out-perform the 8800GTS, but for a lesser cost (and performance) than the 8800GTX.

The 8800GTX's price is actually its worse point imo - it's like what, £350? For a 6 month old card? Sure, it's the best there is, but when you can get a 320MB 8800GTS for £170, who would consider it?!

-RaZ

Associate
Perhaps I should just bite the bullet and get a GTX :p
But as long as Nvidia can't sort out their drivers I ain't buying anything from them :rolleyes:
But i'm officially ****** at AMD, they told us that the XTX would launch along with the XT, now it isn't AND the XT can't even compete with anything ;)

Associate
OP
MoNkeE said:
Well this now completely depends on pricing. If the R600XT is cheap enough, it'll certainly be chosen by people to out-perform the 8800GTS, but for a lesser cost (and performance) than the 8800GTX.
Aye, good point. I guess image quality and drivers would also be a factor as well.

Associate
I feel sorry for all the ATI lovers who have waited 4-5 months to get thier beloved R600's. They should have just bought the NVidia when they were worth their money!

Back
Top Bottom