cigars?

Man of Honour
I have no idea about cigars but need some for tomorrow. Where can you buy big fat cigars for and any worth buying around the £10-15 mark?

Soldato
Not to sure if you have a decent Cigar shop near you but you might want to go for something with a ring gauge of around 45-50 and if your not wanting it to last a while something short.

I would suggest either of these as I have tried both.

Romeo y Julieta Short Churchill Ring gauge: 50. Length: 12.40 CM
Its quite a quick cigar thick as requested and not to harsh.

For a longer smoke something along the lines of.

Bolivar Coronas Gigantes Full flavour 47ring gauge

both of these are around £14-16 each.

Associate
There's nowhere around here that sells cubans, I have to order mine in advance from cigarone or the cigar club :( Hamlets are dung. Truly dung.

Soldato
Dont know of any decent tobacconists around Bristol ?? You could had a couple off me if you lived anywhere near me.

If you arent a regular cigar smoker I wouldnt touch a Bolivar as it would blow your head off. The R&J short churchills are a good suggestion, personally I stick with the robusto format as its a reasonably large ring guage and it dosnt last for too long (45mins to an hour for a robusto for me).

A montecristo No. 2 is also a good smoke but it is a very large cigar but deceptively mild. If you want something a bit special then a Cohiba Siglo No.6 but I dont think you will get one in the UK for £15 unfortunately.

Soldato
I have no idea about cigars but need some for tomorrow. Where can you buy big fat cigars for and any worth buying around the £10-15 mark?

Gloucester Road, by the new Sainsburys, next to the tattoo place (Holey Skin) is the home of a great tobacconist. They should have whatever you want and be able to offer suggestions if you're struggling. I don't think the lady there smokes, but I think the man does.

Associate
I'd just echo the suggestions here, but personally if you can budget £15 then please PLEASE spend the extra £3 and get a Robusto Cohiba, as nice as the R&Js and Monte Cristos are, the Cohibas are in a different league, first time I smoked one I was still enjoying it the next day! (only cigar I've found to have a nice taste in your mouth the day after)

Man of Honour
OP
Gloucester Road, by the new Sainsburys, next to the tattoo place (Holey Skin) is the home of a great tobacconist. They should have whatever you want and be able to offer suggestions if you're struggling. I don't think the lady there smokes, but I think the man does.
Ta. didn't find any in town. Or any of my fancy dress :(.

But I am on Gloucester road starting in a few hours. So I'll pop in as I walk past.

Back
Top Bottom