Asus P5Q-E (P45) Motherboard Review

Associate
im getting the p5q pro.. theres about £7 difference between the standard and pro, but i'l just get it because the power connector on the standard board is a crappy place.. tbh i was thinking of getting a p5k-e wifi, but i'd feel far smuger, when looking at new tech and knowing that the board has got 1600mhz fsb, or pcie 2.0 rather than say wifi

Associate
overclocking on these boards is meant to be good but confusing... i've even forgot what to do normally, so will have to scratch up, but yeah it seems liek they're intent on squeezigng every last drop out of the board

Associate
yeh just type it in on the internet... basically thye dont overclock aswell as asus boards, but are still decent boards.. personally id get an asus

Associate
the new gigabytes are out on show.. i'm sceptical of them tho, something draws me to asus, tho i've never really had either... maybe its the cheap colours on the boards... anyway yes they're out, and specs are on the manufacutrers website, unlike asus who claim "the board doesnt exist" on their website

Soldato
I've pre-ordered one of these. I was very annoyed at ASUS recently about a bad BIOS release on one of their boards, but I've got over that now once tech support sent me a new BIOS all was well. And I realised that over the years ASUS have always been good to me. So ASUS it is again, and early reviews of this are pretty good.

Associate
Havn't seen any reviews of the gigabyte boards yet and i am looking at getting a DS5 as that has more usb ports then the asus deluxe and also more internal sata ports also look like they are better placed then on the asus.

Back
Top Bottom