Europcar France

Soldato
Boshed the car, well bus merged into my lane no indicators etc. happened too quick he did not speak english my french no better. Conclusion he thinks I was in the wrong, I say he was. He then just drove off.

Anyhow.......got a holding deposit with Europcar for Euros 900 and only have CDW, not SCDW. Is it a simple case that they take the full 900 or is that the maximum?!?

First time since driving have I been involved in a RTA, and kinda annoyed that I am 100% convinced and g/f too that the bus driver simply is in the wrong, but his word against ours, no witnesses!!!

Live and learn I suppose, not going to let it affect rest of hols!! :)

Caporegime
Affected you that much you posted on here :p

Never used them before but give them a ring and see or wait until you take the car back, how bad is the damage?

Caporegime
Park it with the good side facing them and hope they don't notice and then leg it.

If they do notice, o yeah that was there when I picked it up.

Soldato
OP
Been back a week after returning the car to the airport.

No one was there to check it in depite the hours of opening being when we dropped it off 1.30PM. There was a drop box for keys so this is what we did.

Anyway.....still bricking it a bit, I have been checking my bank balance everyday to see what if anything would come out.

Got home this evening to be greated by a Europcar envelope.......****

Anyway ripped it open and its an invoice..amount due EUR 0.0 but then heres the run down........

Refuelling Service EUR 11.29
Fuel Charge EUR 8.95 for 5 litres!!!
Total EUR 24.21
Card ************ Debited
Amount Due EUR 0.00

Got off with the damage phew, how I do not no?!? I trust now with this final invoice they cannot charge nothing else right re the damage?

Anyway I have called them because while on holiday I cancelled my card as in a mad panick thought I had lost it, only to find it 5 minutes after I cancelled it. No problem as I had enough cash etc and my missus had money anyhow. So they could not have taken money from the card on a cancelled card something my bank has confirmed. I explained this as well as the fact that I returned the car with the amount of fuel I received it, slightly below full because the closest petrol station is about 6 miles away. On the check sheet it was marked as just under full and was verbally told to me too. But I can only assume that some idiot thought I should have returned it full 5 litres for heavens sake. Customer services have raised the fuel thing and I should get a call in the next 10 days.

Anyway choices are 1) Ignore as the invoice clearly says amount due 0.0? 2) call back again with new card details and be done with the whole chinanigans?

What would you do? Changing card would mean contacting France.

I am just bloody relieved re the 900 Euro deposit.

Soldato
OP
Yes they took the full EUR 900 on hold. But I phoned bank same day because that left me with a big fat zero in my account. Tried calling airport to get it transferred to my g/fs CC, as I do not have one. Could not get hold of them and customer services could not do it, so the bank after I explained cancelled it, but said that if they come in and request the physical cash, that they would authorise it. But if the card which was cancelled a week later they can no longer take cash from the card.

Soldato
OP
I just wished I took a photo of the damage because you would all agree that it was very significant!! I did receive it with a cracked back bumper, caved in rear door and wing. Next time I will take note of jamoors posting. I just thought I would be okay after a year prior I rented from a competitor of Europcar from the same airport and nothing went wrong!!

Back
Top Bottom