OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Man of Honour
Right, I've archived the old thread:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17710089

Can we keep this new thread relatively on topic. Pictures of progress, form, exercises, injuries, gym equipment or anything relating to bodybuilding which doesn't fit into either the "why do you train" thread or the "Gym Rats" thread can go in here.

Obviously individual threads on supplements or other specific questions are fine.

So there you go a fresh new thread for you to play with! :)

Soldato
Ok well I've just started training again this week for the first time in about 2 and 1/2 years. I'll post some pics up tomorow sometime. I'm just trying to get a routine and diet sorted at the moment. Currently not lifting much. I'll post my stats tommorow :).

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice work on clearing up the old thread, I was reading it the other day and it was way off topic like you say. I'll post some pics up in a couple of weeks, I've been going to the gym and training seriously for several months and I'm currently in the middle (day 13 in fact) of doing the V diet. I've lost 14 pounds as of yesterday and I'm still managing to equal previous personal bests and hit a few new ones so I'm happy that any muscle loss is minimal and most of that 14 pounds has been fat.

Permabanned
still slimming, still annoyed how long its taking, happy with progress though.

sdc10461yl5.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
Trimming down nicely, though you need bigger arms for the size of your body ;) Though the pic might not be that flattering...

What are your stats? Your waist is starting to come in now. Definitely a lot of bulk there. Still relatively high BF for what you want no? I was measured by my physio the other day, 13.4% which for 6'1" @ 215lbs is quite good I think.

Permabanned
im 6"2 225lbs chest 48 bicep 17.4 waist 36 thigh 28

BF about 17-20% ive got uneven distrbution, and love handles. Ive been on 1800 cals per day for what seems like forever. Not easy to get 2-3g per/lb at that sorta calorie level. Yes its split into 6 servings and yes i get fish oil, omega 3 and some complex carbs.

Associate

BF about 17-20% ive got uneven distrbution, and love handles. Ive been on 1800 cals per day for what seems like forever. Not easy to get 2-3g per/lb at that sorta calorie level. Yes its split into 6 servings and yes i get fish oil, omega 3 and some complex carbs.

How long have you been on 1800 cals a day for, if you don't mind me asking. That seems quite impressive just to eat that little. Have you lost body fat during that time? Do you have an idea what kind of % you'd like to be?

Man of Honour
OP

Impressive stats. You do weigh a good 10lbs more than me, and your chest is a good couple of inches on mine. Same bicep size though :) I'm around 34 at the waist at the moment and 27 at the thigh. So we're not too dissimilar, I'm lucky as in I'm building up, whilst you're cutting down which is always harder work. Keep it up! :)

Soldato
Impressive stats. You do weigh a good 10lbs more than me, and your chest is a good couple of inches on mine. Same bicep size though :) I'm around 34 at the waist at the moment and 27 at the thigh. So we're not too dissimilar, I'm lucky as in I'm building up, whilst you're cutting down which is always harder work. Keep it up! :)

I'm somewhere between the the two of you atm. But that last set of pics of you FF is where I'd like to be, at least as a current goal. It looks like a "comfortable" physique, ie; I'm hoping that once you get there it's not too hard a level to maintain. I'm also jealous of your hair, must be American Indian in my bloodline somewhere ;)

Permabanned
yabsley: - about 3 months m8, but ill be honest and say i have cheat weekends to keep my sanity, although i dont go above 4000 cals on these and i try to keep it just to the saturday then like have a 2000 cal sunday or something. Would probably shift weight quicker without the higher cal days but you gotta live right? I've dropped about 10% bf in that time. waist has gone from 38-35ish (trouser size wise) I retain weight very easily although its getting easier now as my bodies fat/muscle ratio is getting far better.

Freefaller, Thanks :D i got the size i just aint got your lifts! wish i did my bench is lame.I'm basically living proof that bodybuilding isnt about lifting heavy loads but about hypertrophy and how you eat and train. My mantra is some variation of 6-12 rep sets and 2-3g protein per lb of bw. When i started training my max bench was 70kg for about 2-3 now i put up 80kg for 4x8reps and 100kg for a couple. Not impressive lifts for my stats i know, just goes to show that form and training ethic are worth plenty.

Associate
10% in 3 months seems like really good progress to me, although I'm definately no expert, congratulations! Knowing that must be good motivation to keep it up.

Permabanned
yeah thanks it is, i keep a picture record too so i can see my gains and im as honest with myself as possible about them. i reckon 2 more months at this pace and my abs will pop through then i can add some more mass :D

Man of Honour
OP
Freefaller, Thanks :D i got the size i just aint got your lifts! wish i did my bench is lame.I'm basically living proof that bodybuilding isnt about lifting heavy loads but about hypertrophy and how you eat and train. My mantra is some variation of 6-12 rep sets and 2-3g protein per lb of bw. When i started training my max bench was 70kg for about 2-3 now i put up 80kg for 4x8reps and 100kg for a couple. Not impressive lifts for my stats i know, just goes to show that form and training ethic are worth plenty.

Well you are trying to lose bodyfat, which will no matter how hard you try still lead to some catabolism. However I'm doing the opposite, whilst keeping the BF down, I don't have to minimise calories and can put on weight and increase my energy/strength levels.

You raise a good point, bodybuilding doesn't necessarily = big weights. Which is why I mix my BB with powerlifting as I like both disciplines and I like to build up solid strength.

I haven't got any updated pics - but my last ones I'm still reasonably happy with.

Associate
These pics were taken around Feb time this year! Got off to a slow start following a knee injury! I'm posting them as I'll stick some new ones up shortly for comparison! Probably not much different!!

Haven't measured arms etc but then I was

6ft 3
14.4st ish
34" Waist

latesttorso.jpg

Torso3.jpg

Area around my Collarbone is a really challenging area to get right!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom