• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

You need one of these! 8X GX2's

Associate
I count 4 GX2's?

Unless there is two seperate motherboard boasting 4 GX2's on either side..

Edit: Yeh, 4 on each side.

2603178378_b451e48d1e.jpg

Associate
OP
No there are 8 GX2's 4 on each side

ik writes "As part of their research efforts aimed at building real-time human-level artificial vision systems inspired by the brain, MIT graduate student Nicolas Pinto and principal investigators David Cox (Rowland Institute at Harvard) and James DiCarlo (McGovern Institute for Brain Research at MIT) recently assembled an impressive 16-GPU 'monster' composed of 8x9800gx2s donated by NVIDIA. The high-throughput method they promote can also use other ubiquitous technologies like IBM's Cell Broadband Engine processor (included in Sony's Playstation 3) or Amazon's Elastic Cloud Computing services. Interestingly, the team is also involved in the PetaVision project on the Roadrunner, the world's fastest supercomputer."

Permabanned
Who said it was for gaming ?

i guess its swings and roundabouts.....

you could run 8 number crunching apps which will take 1 day (for example)
or 4 number crunching apps with 2 cards SLI'd which will take half a day (still 8 !)

Permabanned
probably not, the applications probably won't recognise SLI.
Still, its a great achievement, I think the build is pretty good, its tight but not cluttered

Back
Top Bottom