NEC LCD24WMGX3 Professional Gaming 24" Widescreen

Associate
Just noticed this one on the news, are there any reviews or anyone with first hand experience yet?

I've been waiting for something like this to come along, if it lives up to its claims it should be perfect even if costly, been reluctant to go for the 2408 due to input lag and the Hazro seems just a tad buggy.

So details anyone?

Soldato
It says on the spec sheet that the panel's MVA, was assuming it'd be S-IPS. I had the 20" GX2 version and it was a very very nice monitor, great customer service as well.

http://www.nec-display-solutions.co.uk/c/download/394726/ProductOverviewEdition3.pdf

LCD24WMGX3-MonitorViewBackBlack.jpg

LCD24WMGX3-MonitorViewFrontalBlack.jpg

LCD24WMGX3-MonitorViewLeftBlack.jpg

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Hi there

Just got confirmation from NEC, our stock should be here on 18th September at the latest. :)

Here is the full product description from OcUK:-

NEC MultiSync® LCD24WMGX3 Professional Gaming 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black

MO-028-NE_400.jpg

It would be tempting to sit back and admire its sheer beuty, but when you fire up the 24WMGX2 up, you'll enter another world, where images, motion and colour become intoxicatingly accurate and your favourite games, pictures or HD Videos, become a joy to experience once again. It's another World Class Display from NEC of Japan, that combines a Full HD, MVA LCD with superb connectivity, ergonomics and looks.

- 24" Wide MVA TFT
- 1920x1200 Full HD LCD
- High Gloss think bezel black housing
- Super fast 6ms response time
- Exceptional 500cd/m2 brightness
- 2x HDMI Connections
- 1x S-Video Connection
- 1x DVI-D Connection
- 1x D-Sub Connection
- 1x Composite Video Connection
- 75mm Height adjustment
- Surround Sound 5+5W Speakers
- Infrared Remote Control
- Picture in Picture function

Price: £599.00+VAT (£703.83 inc VAT)

BUY NOW!

OcUK Staff
Ouch - that's damn expensive for an MVA panel.

Hi there

Thats the pricing from NEC and they refuse to move, their argument is it will be one of the best if not the best 24" on the market and they have enough demand to sell all the stock they have in production this side of Christmas.

My view is if this monitor is as good as the GX2 was and is then its well worth the money because the NEC 20" GX2 was leagues ahead of every other 20/22" monitor on the market. :)

Soldato
there was me thinking the Harzo 26" was pricey and worth it , ill wait fro some reviews between this and the Harzo 24" , otherwise ill get some sort of S-PVA 24"

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hmm seems more like a gaming/multimedia/game console orientated screen instead of desktop usage so am glad about going with the HP thus far! and that price....yeeesh!

Soldato
When you can get a 30" Hazro for £150 more i know which i'd be choosing.

I'd imagine 400-500 would be an acceptab;e price for it.

Also, a tad dissapointed it's not S-IPS.

Wonder when Baddass'll be takling a look at it - i'm interested in seeing how much better it is than the competition.

I assume from the price that it will be around twice as good! ;) :D

gt

OcUK Staff
Hi there

I have sent the link to this thread to NEC to show how upset you all are in regard to the price point.

Lets hope they decide to listen and adjust the price point before it launches.....

Associate
I remember when bought my 2080UXW+ and was an astronomical price compared to other 20"'s. (Bought my Dell 3008WFP for less) At the time though was the only one I could game on properly and was worth every penny.

NEC always been pricey

Back
Top Bottom