MKV conversion problem

Soldato
Firstly, apologies if this would be better in the Photography & Video section.

I have an MKV that I'm trying to convert to a format playable on my Xbox 360 or PS3. I've done this many times before, and am able to convert other files fine.

This one file will give me about 3 minutes, and that's it. Those 3 minutes are perfectly playable, there should just be about another hour and a bit afterwards!

I usually use GotSent for this, but I've tried Videora and MKV2VOB, and they all give me just 3 minutes. This suggests a problem with the MKV container as the video is perfectly playable as an MKV.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to how to repair the MKV, or maybe strip the video manually if needs be?

Thanks for any help guys! :)

Soldato
Try Using Super (google is you r friend) to convert the file I have never had a problem with it (and have converted 100's for mkv's)

Soldato
sorry for the thread hijack but is there anything that can handle mkvs with multiple audio tracks and subtitle tracks. i'd like to be able choose the audio track and also have the option to hardcode the subtitle of my choice into the output file (needs to be mp4 with aac sound for my sony nwz-a728 walkman). (or in some cases not have any subtitles at all if there is an english audio track)

so far i've tried

any video converter
media coder mp4 edition
super
videora

but none have the options i want. what am i missing? :p

Soldato
OP
Sorry to bring this thread back, but just got around to trying Super and while I didn't get the encoding options 'quite' right... it still only have me 3 minutes and 30 seconds of video :(.

Anyone got any other thoughts?

EDIT - Just tried TSMuxeR, and got the following: Matroska parse error: Invalid EBML number size tag 11 at pos 105133707
So it does look like the MKV container is damaged. Is there any way to sort the error?

Last edited:
Soldato
try megui (google it) its what i use to convert my videos using the ipod conversion script to play on my walkman nwz-a826 also does 360/ps3 but not too sure about adding subtitles.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom