• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4850 Heat Issues

Soldato
My 4850 is running extremely hot during gameplay, an hour of Fallout 3 with the fan at 70% Capacity leaves the MEMIO Sensor reading 100 Degrees!

What's the score? It's not OC'd, nor is any other component so surely air should be perfectly adequate?

Soldato
100 degrees at 70% isnt normal is it? I seem to remmeber lower temps. If you don't mind "voiding" your warranty, you should reseat and reapply paste for the core. Keep the memory pads.

Also, isnt 70% really loud? You should be able to keep it at 50% with more normal temps at stock.

Soldato
OP
Heh, decided to open the case and check the fan grilles. One was totally clogged with dust. Cleaned that off and just finished a 2hr sesh on Fallout, still kicking at about 57 Degrees.

Associate
Also just cleaned my 4850 HSF as its hitting 106°C when folding and thats at 100% fan speed.

Most probably the cause of overheating.Dust and more dust.Clogging the fins.

Soldato
Crumbs, looking like you don't run any filters at all! Glad I got the cheap ass Jean tech case that came with filter :D Hardly ever have to dust out, and the side vent I just used a cut up peace of tights that I clean off every once in a while :D Saves anything internal getting like this, at least for a year.

Back
Top Bottom