Feser One - Is this common? Pic inside

Associate
Hello, all. I seem to have this in both of my loops and it's a bit unslightly to say the least.

I should point out that everything was cleaned thoroughly in both loops prior to installation. Has anyone else had this or know what may be causing it?

Thanks.

:eek:
1of1.jpg

Associate
OP
It's just Feser One fluid that went in there. The residue inside is very dye heavy. As you can see, it's even in the res below the water line. It is only in the res (both loops, different colours) that I can see this though.

Soldato
No, that's not supposed to happen, but it quite often does. Contact wherever you bought the Feser from, plus Feser and ask whay thet suggest to clean it with. Feser will probably send you something to clean it with and to top it up;)

Soldato
Thanks. I'll get a webnote off and ask about it. I'm going to take it out and try my best to clean the loop out.

I'd leave it at the moment as you could end up 'setting' the stain if you clean it with something inappropriate. It's also wise to be careful about admitting to having cleaned out the system before hand with anything other than water as if you used an acid, you may not have rinsed it out thoroughly and that could have caused the dye to separate out.

Also be careful about answering questions about the components in your loop unless you know they are all copper as mixed metals are a nightmare. You don't have a Swiftech Apogee GTX in there do you?

Associate
OP
Was this Acid UV green or bog standard UV green? Dd you manage to clean it out and replace with distilled?

That was the UV Yellow. I took the whole loop apart and cleaned everything with distilled water. It did manage to get rid of it all although in the 2 weeks it was in there it had stained the tygon tubing quite a lot as well so replaced that too.

Back
Top Bottom