• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

graphics card bios help needed -- Please!!

Associate
ive just bought an asus T-P5G31A system wich has onboard graphics, i have added a seperate graphics card and will disable the onboard graphics.

In the Bios, advanced, north bridge configuration tab is the option 'initiate graphic adapter' options are [IGD] [PCI/IGD] [PCI/PEG] [PCI/IGD] [PEG/PCI]

the options ' allows you to select the graphics controller as the primary boot device.'

any ideas what i should set this to ?

thanks

Associate
OP
Hi,i'm sure PEG/PCI is the setting you want.

Any ideas what that means ? [PEG/PCI] is the default.

im trying to find out why the bios pauses on a black screen for 20 secs with a minus sign in the top left of the screen.

thought it may be the graphics card ?

Associate
Hi,AFAIK it points the bios in the direction of the interface for the primary graphics card.In this case you're selecting the PCI express bus over the PCI so that should point the bios at your add in card.
As for why it hangs around for a while when booting,it's probably a silly question but have you got quick boot enabled in bios?

Associate
OP
I see, so PEG is PCI Express ?

i have quick boot enabled, i get this message in the bios when changing boot order, ' a device enclosed in parenthesis has been disabled in the xorresponding type menu'

Been trying to figure it out for ages!

Man of Honour
Any ideas what that means ? [PEG/PCI] is the default.

PEG= PCI Express Graphics , having your bios set to [PEG/PCI] will cause your system to look for the primary graphics card in the PCI-e slot over any other , not sure why your getting the delay though mate :).

Associate
OP
PEG= PCI Express Graphics , having your bios set to [PEG/PCI] will cause your system to look for the primary graphics card in the PCI-e slot over any other , not sure why your getting the delay though mate :).

Thanks for the reply.

I think its something to do with the boot devices, as i seem to have the correct settings for my graphics.

in boot device priority:

a device enclosed in parenthesis has been disabled in the corresponding type menu'

Any Ideas ?

I get the bios loading screen, then 20 secs of black screen with a minus sign in the top left and theres no HD activity, then windows starts to load.

its just started happening.

Any Ideas ??

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom