Problem with an Excel Sheet

Associate
If someone can help with this problem it would be wonderful.

One of our members of staff have been emailed an excel document which works fine bar some MS date picker controls (I THINK thats what they are). The control isn't displayed and instead the cell is filled with a red cross. I have been trying to find a resolution for this to make the excel worksheet work fine but have been unable yet. Upto now I've done the following:

Ensured that the macro security is set to low (for the time being)
Installed the MS VBA 6.0 controls

Does anyone know how to fix this? If so, I would be most pleased.

http://img26.imageshack.us/my.php?image=datepickerprob.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Is the version of Excel used to create the spreadsheet in the first place the same as the version being used by the staff member who's received this? Just wondering if its Excel 2007 used to make the spreadsheet yet 2003 to try and open it?

Associate
It could be that the date control needs another vba library. I don't have excel on this comp but if you hit alt-f11 to open the vba editor then go Tools -> References.

I'm not sure what reference you're missing but try anything like microsoft calendar or date and make sure the microsoft controls or common controls is also checked.

Associate
OP
I've checked this and it says: "MISSING: Microsoft Windows Common Controls-2 6.0 (SP4).

Just for reference I'm running MS Office 2003 Standard SP3. Any takers?

Associate
OP
Ok, I've found the right file (MSCOMCT2.OCX) and copied that into c:\windows\system32 which has stopped the above error message showing but I'm still have the same problem.

Any ideas?

Soldato
Doesn't Office 2003 have a menu item where you can "install" add-on packs that you didn't install at the beginning? So you tick something to install and Office asks you for the CD to install it?

Associate
OP
the DTpicker control is contained within the Windows Common controls which it see's fine so unless i'm missing something I don't think we need to install any other addons :S

Back
Top Bottom