*** Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Thread***

4p

4p

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
I'd also take note of the lack of 'Call of Duty' in the trailer. I think they have dropped the famous CoD title.

There was a quote on a website saying things are being worked out.

Trouble in paradise? IW leaving the next and taking its brand with it?

4p

4p

Soldato
OP
Are they going to sort out an online account system or will it still be locally based (with the various problems people seem to have with it)?

I'd bet on locally again, it costs them much less and far less effort to just use local ranking storage.

Just take a look at the way they do business.. They are planning to release a new title every November.. They just want to make a sick game and spread it to the masses for £££.

They are SO good with the q3 engine they could literally do this forever.

4p

4p

Soldato
OP
Updated OP with some interesting stuff.

The whole video displays urban environments. COD4 was urban for the most part, but I'm thinking we'll see action in some city environments (office buildings, subway stations, etc.). More importantly, I think we'll be fighting on American city streets (see below screen shots).

Associate
Haven't you heard? That IS the gameplay of this game :D

Looking forward to MW2. Played COD4 for ages and still play from time to time. Good game :)

err... if the gameplay is just looking a some squiggly green line fluctuate ill give it a miss!

anyways, really looking forward to this

Caporegime
yep watched it just before you posted it :D

erm bit to short yet but hpefully we will see more at next months e3 .

could really do with this now as cod 4 is getting boring now :( i have even installed cod waw again to stave off the bordem :p

Associate
I hope they sort out the spawn points in multiplayer. Not varied enough, which leads to too many people camping the spawn points, with the kill cam showing them popping 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 heads.

Associate
Do you think they will change the gameplay much? I'm getting kinda bored of the "Call of Duty floaty feel".

To be honest, I doubt it. CoD4 was a hit, and game studios aren't exactly reknown for deviating from a winning formula. Expect more of the same, with 10% better graphics and some extra features. I'm still looking forward to it though.

I'm also looking forward to the "not another modern day shooter! wheres the ww2 fps games" backlash. Probably won't happen for a few games yet.

Back
Top Bottom