How much petrol money should I charge?

Soldato
Would appreciate some help. Am going on a 400 mile trip this weekend (City are playing in Burnley and im driving a car load of us there and back on Sunday) is there an easy way to work out how much its going to cost in petrol, and therefore how much I need to charge my mates for petrol money.
I have a 1.2 52 plate corsa SXI, and petrol round here is about 93p a litre.

I was guessing at it being about £40 quid, split between us, does that sound right?

Associate
fill up the tank before you leave (pay for it yourself). Then when you run out on your 400mile trip (and after) fill your tank back up to the brim and split the costs.

That way it is fair because you will leave and return with a full tank.

Caporegime
average combined mpg for a 1.2 Corsa C SXI is 46mpg, therefore 400 miles at 46mpg is 8.69 gallons used.

8.7 imperial gallons is 39.55 litres so call it 40 litres, which at 93p a litre is £37.20

so yeah £40 :p

Soldato
OP
fill up the tank before you leave (pay for it yourself). Then when you run out on your 400mile trip (and after) fill your tank back up to the brim and split the costs.

That way it is fair because you will leave and return with a full tank.

I have a full tank now, so it will be getting home I need to put petrol in.

Man of Honour
Just to put in a boring technicality, your insurance will probably not cover you for hire or reward. So don't charge them petrol money as it's technically illegal.
Just ask for a suitable donation as compensation for your time ;)

Soldato
OP
Tell me it's lovely after doing a 400 mile round trip in it :p

Ive done plenty of long trips in it, and still love it thankyou.

Just to put in a boring technicality, your insurance will probably not cover you for hire or reward. So don't charge them petrol money as it's technically illegal.
Just ask for a suitable donation as compensation for your time ;)

Thankyou! I do have business cover on my insurance, due to my job, does that count (not that it bothers me, im curious more than anything)

Soldato
Five of you...

400 miles...

1.2 Corsa SXI...

I've got nothing against the car, but that's a long way to go with a lot of people in a car that's not the most spacious when packed full of bodies!

I don't envy your friends, put it that way! :p

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Burnley, lol. All the slugs come from Turf Moor you know.

I don't really have anything productive to add to this thread. My gran lives in Burnley, although I hear shes the only woman to wear underwear in the area so she assures me. At least you're going for the footy anyway, it's a bit of a hole otherwise!

Soldato
OP
Five of you...

400 miles...

1.2 Corsa SXI...

I've got nothing against the car, but that's a long way to go with a lot of people in a car that's not the most spacious when packed full of bodies!

I don't envy your friends, put it that way! :p
They dont have a lot of choice if they wanna go see the football, only 2 out of 5 of us can drive, the other driver has a ford Ka, and as its her Birthday I said she could be relieved of driving duties! :D

I don't really have anything productive to add to this thread. My gran lives in Burnley, although I hear shes the only woman to wear underwear in the area so she assures me. At least you're going for the footy anyway, it's a bit of a hole otherwise!
Into Burnley, watch game, leave straight away! :p

Soldato
They dont have a lot of choice if they wanna go see the football, only 2 out of 5 of us can drive, the other driver has a ford Ka, and as its her Birthday I said she could be relieved of driving duties! :D

Fair enough.

Friend of mine has a Corsa, 1.2SXI, 53 Plate.

A group of four of us went to London a month or so back - he wanted to take his Corsa over my Skoda. Naturally he was told "no chance". :p

Next month we have a tour of Old Trafford booked for us two, and he wants to drive it. As I was pretty harsh about the London trip (i'm 6ft4 so I looked at him with disgust when he suggested using his car, he has a girlfriend who HAS to be in the front so i'd be jammed in the back, literally), i'm going to let him drive it, as the tour is for two space shouldn't be a problem.

Now he wants to bring two others, one being the girlfriend. :rolleyes:

Soldato

My workmate lives there, and will be at the Turf on that same match! :p

I expect him to come in with cuts on his arms if Burnley lose, his desk is full of pictures, mugs, and a bee called Bertie wearing the uniform :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom