Samsung i7500 (Android)

Soldato
This phone looks rather good - its a relatively thin Android phone with a 5mp camera with LED flash, 3.5mm jack, OLED screen and out on 27th July on O2. A tempting Android phone at last..

Samsung-Launching-Sexy-I7500-Google-Android-Phone-Destined-For-T-Mobile-With-OLED-Screen.jpg

Software: http://www.theunwired.net/?item=videoview-samsung-gt-i7500-galaxy-software-hands-on
Hardware: http://www.theunwired.net/?item=videoview-samsung-gt-i7500-galaxy-hardware-hands-on

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Shame about that d-pad...one thing i absolutely loathe about Sammy phones...looks like a nice phone though...but ill stick with my Magic which i think looks just as nice.

yeah its a bit ugly actually, the camera makes it worthwhile for me (I tried the G1 camera which was dire). I actually prefer a d pad to a scroll wheel, a d pad will make it better for games Id guess.

Soldato
I wouldn't worry about the d-pad too much with android it's not going to be used a lot. Though tbh it's a little better for some games. I like the look of it and 5mp camera sounds good. I would have got one but I'm addicted to full physical qwerty keyboards.

Soldato
Just seen this and quite interested after using a friends android phone (magic) - this seems to be the nicest of the current/future android phones.

Anyone know if o2 are likely to receive these, my contract ends July 3rd.

Soldato
Apparently O2 Germany will have these sometime this month... so it's quite likely O2 UK will too?

Not really. Vodafone Italy have the iPhone for example. It's all kept very much separate. We won't really know until released. Haing said that, O2 UK do have an affinity for Samsung phones....

Associate
At the moment I'm tempted to go for this phone or the iPhone 3gs since my contracts up. Just hope it gets released soon!

Associate
Will this be a capacative touch screen? If so, very tempting, as Android seems to be the best mobile phone software going at the moment.

Soldato
OP
Will this be a capacative touch screen? If so, very tempting, as Android seems to be the best mobile phone software going at the moment.

yep capacitive.

Magic looks better, a lot better :)

In terms of looks I think both are fairly fugly imo! The fact that its thinner and has better specs makes it (in my eyes anyway).

Last edited:
Associate
The Samsung may seem to have better spec's but if you check the Magic has twice the ram which is pretty inportant for a smart phone.....thats why I went for the Magic....

Soldato
To be honest, this is probably the phone that will start to really bring Android to the mass market. For all that HTC does right, it doesn't have the same brand appeal as Samsung, I know that if most of my friends walked into a shop and were offered a choice between a HTC and a samsung they'd pick the latter option rightly or wrongly.

I'm hoping that we see an android handset with slightly newer tech at some point this year, both in terms of a semi decent camera and also processing power and hopefully a real decent screen resolution.

Soldato
OP
To be honest, this is probably the phone that will start to really bring Android to the mass market. For all that HTC does right, it doesn't have the same brand appeal as Samsung, I know that if most of my friends walked into a shop and were offered a choice between a HTC and a samsung they'd pick the latter option rightly or wrongly.

I'm hoping that we see an android handset with slightly newer tech at some point this year, both in terms of a semi decent camera and also processing power and hopefully a real decent screen resolution.

HTC's just seem a little plasticy for my liking, also their cameras leave much to be desired, hence another manufacturer is required imo - enter Samsung.

This 'looks' nice:
http://www.slashgear.com/huawei-android-devices-hitting-t-mobile-in-q3-2009-2335365/

Last edited:
Associate
Quick question for those of you running android. Are any of you syncing with exchange servers? How well is it working for you if you are?

Soldato
Quick question for those of you running android. Are any of you syncing with exchange servers? How well is it working for you if you are?

I'm sure it's working with a lot of the roms now. in fact:

http://www.simonwalkerphotos.com/android/android_build_information.asp

it's detailed there for you.

I was wondering today if people think we might see HTC start to use the Android platform in some of their more powerful units soon? for instance the touch hd, touch pro2, diamond 2 all far outstrip their android equivalents hardwarewise, it'd be nice to see the next gen launch with at least one android option.

Back
Top Bottom