does the seasonic 750w not work with gigabyte ud5

Soldato
i have an i7 system, the seasonic md12 750w does not work with the gigabyte ud5 mobo. It powers on for 2 secs then stops, i take it there is no way around this? anybody manage to get a similar system working?

Soldato
OP
i have tried it with just the mobo, then with gfx and mobo and all it does it boot for 2 seconds ie fans spin up then it dies. i test it with another psu and its fine. i mean is it possible for a psu not to work with a certain type of motherboard?

Associate
i have tried it with just the mobo, then with gfx and mobo and all it does it boot for 2 seconds ie fans spin up then it dies. i test it with another psu and its fine. i mean is it possible for a psu not to work with a certain type of motherboard?

Take the board out of the case and seat it on a bit of cardboard and try it that way, and no, they will be compatible, that's what standards are for. There's something up and it sounds like a short, a busted/loose component or a busted psu.

Associate
Ive had exactly the same problem with the 850w. I RMAd the first and the 2nd did the same thing.

The PSU works in every other system I've tried it in. And every other PSU I've tried works with the Gigabyte.

Ive ended up swapping it with a PSU in another system to avoid a 2nd RMA.

Soldato
OP
Ive had exactly the same problem with the 850w. I RMAd the first and the 2nd did the same thing.

The PSU works in every other system I've tried it in. And every other PSU I've tried works with the Gigabyte.

right so basically i have no chance of this working? i wonder why this it? i mean i have got it to boot but after i shut it down i get them same 2 second boot up error.

Soldato

Oh thats interesting, I just RMA'd an 850W because I had exactly the same issue with a Gigabyte UD5. I'll phone them up on monday and point them at this thread.

Associate
right so basically i have no chance of this working? i wonder why this it? i mean i have got it to boot but after i shut it down i get them same 2 second boot up error.

Yeah I had that too. First time I installed the 2nd PSU it booted up fine and I thought all was ok. I shut down it down and after that rarely ever got the thing to boot again. I had the fans cut out anywhere between 1/4 of a second to 2 seconds after power on.

I have no idea what is up with it, but it works perfectly well in my 2nd system that I built for my missus (not an i7 with Gigabyte UD5 mobo), so I cut my losses and just switched the PSUs over. I couldnt be bothered with paying to send it back again. Plus the small case I have means to remove the PSU I have to remove the entire mobo and HDDs etc. It was wearing a little thin with me....

Soldato
OP
just flashed the mobo with a beta f8f i think it was and still no luck. It did boot then after a shutdown it doesnt want to no. RMA i guess then, shame i liked the look of this psu

Soldato
Silly question but have you tried waiting a few extra seconds? I seem to remember when I used my Biostar X58 I had to wait a good 10 seconds before pressing the power button otherwise it woudnt boot up.

Back
Top Bottom