Predators (3) is definately happening...

Soldato
"Production Weekly says that director Nimrod Antal is scheduled to beging filming Predators on September 28 at Robert Rodriguez's Troublemaker Studios in Austin, Texas. Produced by Rodriguez, the new film is said to involve a very intense group of people stranded on a Predator planet discovering unspeakable horrors - that are not always from outside their group. 20th Century Fox is releasing the sci-fi action-adventure, written by Alex Litvak and Michael Finch, on July 7, 2010."

Along with the Alien prequel i'm really excited about this. No doubt people will whinge and moan, say what's the point, blah, blah, blah. However, as i've said before, i'd rather have an average new Alien / Predator movie than no Alien / Predator movie.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1250294858&archive=&start_from=&ucat=18&

EDIT: 19th March...here's the official trailer...

Some sneak peak stuff introduced by Robert Rodriguez

Sneak peak behind the scenes info on Royce...

Featurette on Edwin...

Featurette on Isabelle...

Featurette on Cuchillo...

Noland...

Last edited:
Soldato
I suppose so but they gave Watchmen an 18 - although thats probable because of the large blue member dangling about rather than dogs head in near half.

Fingers crossed on both hands, one for Alien and one for P3. Please don't let me down. I couldn't go through "Bayformers" again :(

Soldato
I suppose so but they gave Watchmen an 18 - although thats probable because of the large blue member dangling about rather than dogs head in near half.

I never saw any blue member on the dvd, did they cut it off or did I just not notice?

The predator could be good depends on what actor goes up against him.

The Rock, too much like Arnie, might be funny to watch him get his head chopped though.

Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan would be awesome.

Last edited:
Soldato
I never saw any blue member on the dvd, did they cut it out or did I just not notice?

The predator could be good depends on what actor goes up against him.

The Rock, too much like Arnie, might be funny to watch him get his head chopped though.

Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan would be awesome.

Taking the mick I would like to see Steven Segal take on The Predator.

Seriously I can't think of any current actor that could top Arnie from the original.

edit: how could you not notice the blue wang!?

Last edited:
Soldato
As long as they don't turn it into some ****ty teen horror, get some GOOD actors and keep the story along the same lines, i.e Predators are ****ing nails.

The main actor should not be someone anyone like The Rock etc, because none of them can act and they will never top Arnie, also not Christian Bale.

They just need to not go crazy, Predator films are simple and should not be made comlex.

Man of Honour
Oh dear...

Another case of "What old property can we try to drag more money out of so we don't have to think of anything new?" from Hollywood.

Associate
will they ever make a decent alien or pred film for 18+ ??
Yes. Try Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, Predator, Predator 2 :confused:
And of course since the new Predator movie hasn't even started filming yet, there's no rating for it

To be fair a lot of pretty extreme stuff gets passed as 15 these days..

You mean like all that digital muck that they put in films like Final Destination 3 etc? ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
I obviously meant a recent Alien or Pred film, not the classics that were the 18 rated ones. :rolleyes:

Yeah the new films aint been done yet but chances are they will give it a 15 or somit for mass market instead of what it really should be.

Soldato
OP
Here's an updated rundown of the storyline...

-The script isn't PG13, it's a 'bloody, violent, hard R script reminiscent of the original'.
-Story takes place on the Predators' homeplanet... Picture it as one big jungle from the cretaceous period.
-Opening sequence takes place with our main character, Royce, chasing down something on a rooftop. The sequence ends with him killing his prey with the Predator watching. The Predator then kidnaps him. We next see the character parashooting onto the Predator planet.
-Soon after we meet seven other characters who also parashooted onto the planet: Cuchillo, Nikolai, Isabelle, Stans, Mombasa, Hanzo, and Edwin.
-They soon realise they're prey in a game of cat and mouse and they take off on the run in the jungle. The Predator planet is a game reserve.
-A 'Black Super Predator' leads the hunting party of two other Super Predators.
-The characters eventually hook up with an American soldier called Nolan hiding in a cave. They find out that the Predators have been dropping humans into the game preserve for years.
-The script includes a cameo appearance from Arnie.

This "black super predator" thing really makes me cringe, the whole idea of calling anything a super this or super that reeks of cheapness...apart from Superman ;)

Back
Top Bottom