DCS: A-10C Warthog (first screens!)

Soldato
“DCS: A-10C WARTHOG” Released

Now on Steam... http://store.steampowered.com/app/61010

DUXFORD, UK, February 21, 2011 – The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics now offer “DCS: A-10C Warthog” as a digital download for $59.99.

Purchase "DCS: A-10C Warthog" at:
http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=1322&scr=shop&lang=en

"DCS: A-10C Warthog" is a PC simulation of the U.S. premier Close Air Support attack aircraft. This is the second aircraft in the DCS series, following DCS: Black Shark, and raises the bar even higher in the DCS series. Warthog brings the most realistic PC simulation of a modern fixed wing combat aircraft in regards to flight dynamics, avionics, sensors, and weapon systems. You also have the option to play Warthog in "Game" mode for a casual game experience. Fly missions in the Caucuses region of the Black Sea against and with a wide array of air, land and sea forces with new and improved intelligence. Create your own missions and campaigns with the included Mission and Campaign Editors, and fly with and against friends online using the included online game browser.

Key Features:
• Fly the A-10C “Warthog” in either realistic or game modes.
• Fly missions in Georgia and Russia.
• Interactive training missions shallow the learning curve dramatically.
• Rich campaigns and single missions included.
• Multiplayer cooperative and head-to-head.
• Mission and Campaign editors allow user created content.
• The most realistic flight dynamics ever done for a PC simulation.
• Huge array of land, air and sea units to flight along and against.
• Ability to command ground forces during missions with radio commands.
• Fully interactive Forward Air Controller (FAC) that helps you find targets.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/series/warthog

System recommendation
Operating system: 64-bit Windows XP, Vista, and 7
Processor: CPU: Core 2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom X3 8750 or better
Memory: 4GB
Hard disk space: 7 GB
Video: Shader 3.0 or better; 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT DirectX 9.0c or better
Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible
DirectX®: 9.0C

About The Fighter Collection:
The Fighter Collection, as well as developing software for the entertainment and serious game markets, also operates, rebuilds and maintains Europe's largest collection of airworthy WWII fighters and is based at Duxford Airfield, in the UK. For more information visit our websites: http://www.fighter-collection.com/

Trailer:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Screenshots of the A-10C from DCS:-Warthog up on SimHQ. Go to SimHQ for higher res pics.

The developers got exclusive access to the new upgraded A-10C while making a military simulator for the US Air National Guard and Air Force. And now they are putting it all into a Sim for us Sim freaks :)

air425a005.jpg

air425a003.jpg

air425a002.jpg

air425a004.jpg

air425a001.jpg

Can't wait!

Nate

Last edited:
Associate
You're not the only one, really looking forward to this. I've got Black Shark to satisfy my need to a sim fix but rotory wing flight isn't really my thing. It's looking good so far that's for sure, from what I've seen of the avionics from screenshots and info on ED's russian site it's going to be a whole new level of realism.

I'm just hoping Black Shark and ArmAII can keep me occupied until next year when DCS:A-10C is realeased.

Associate
Nothing to do with the flt sim but for an avionics upgrade you would have thought they would get rid of those 1970's instruments! That ADI is absolutely ancient.

Soldato
Nothing to do with the flt sim but for an avionics upgrade you would have thought they would get rid of those 1970's instruments! That ADI is absolutely ancient.

Don't think warthogs have gotten an upgrade in a long long time. Quite old aircraft but the best in the world at what they do. Bomb the crap out of tanks :D

I hope this will be compatible in multiplayer with the blackshark. I really need to get back into that game. I learnt how to take off and fly and had a bit of fun trying (and succeeding :)) to land on various bridges and buildings in full realism mode. Never actually got around to learning the weapons systems though, the tutorials always take so long but there's no other way to learn :p

Soldato
OP
I hope this will be compatible in multiplayer with the blackshark. I really need to get back into that game. I learnt how to take off and fly and had a bit of fun trying (and succeeding :)) to land on various bridges and buildings in full realism mode. Never actually got around to learning the weapons systems though, the tutorials always take so long but there's no other way to learn :p

It's planned to be compatible with DCS:-Black Shark. Black Shark will receive all the software improvements in Warthog (except the actuall A-10) for free, to keep then compatible.

Oh and get the New patch for Black shark and have go a landing on a moving train :)

Edit:- I found the producers notes videos much better than in game tutorials can be found here :- http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=wagmatt&view=videos

Yep there's combat alright Strife212, here a trailer for Black Shark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZjSI021j-c&feature=related

Nate

Last edited:
Associate
Oooo ** Please fully star out swearing ** that looks nice!

Is this going to be a completely separate game to Blackshark, or is it an add-on?

Soldato
OP
I should also mention they are planning something for Lock On too. Sounds like they are gearing up for another LOMAC addon in addition to the new DCS module, however they haven't release any details, other that they are working on another Lock On Product.

Nate

Associate

Rather old news that Nate, they've had that info on the site since just after Black Shark was realeased. And to be honest it doesn't really tell you much other than that they are moddelling the A-10C's systems as faithfully as possible, which we all know anyway. Still, the accuracy of the MFDs is great. It'd certainly be an interesting read for anyone not aware of the capabilities of the A-10C's avionics though. Babelfish does a reasonable translation on it.

Back
Top Bottom