• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Odd problem - overclocked Q6600, Crysis *too fast*

Associate
So I got a new mobo (MSI p45 platinum) to OC my Q6600, because my old (cheap) mobo wouldn't get me above 2.7GHz. I'm now stable at 3.2GHz (8x400) but when I fire up Crysis it runs too fast. In the cutscenes the characters move too fast, so they can't finish their monologue before the next bit of speech starts. When I get into the game itself, the character moves too fast.

I'm pretty sure it's related to the OC because it's back to normal when I reduce the FSB to the stock 266. Tried different patches, but to no avail.

I've actually already played Crysis so I'm not too troubled, butI offer it up as a bit of a curiosity. Anyone have any ideas?

Ginga

Associate
I had this with a string of pinball games when I went from a Pentium 2 to an AMD XP 3000+. Only way I could fix it was to run SETI@Home or a script to calculate Pi to bog the CPU down enough to make them slow enough to be useable, would be very interested in seeing a 'real' solution though!

Soldato
Had this problem once with a poor old amd x2 3800+ and battlefield 2. I think you'll find you've somehow overclocked your pci-e bus - make sure it hasnt gone up along with your fsb, it should be very close to or exactly 100mhz. This is what solved the problem for me anyways...

Soldato
Strange... try reinatalling it, the only way I can see this happening is if you running a mod or a trainer or have edited the game some how... maybe something went wrong during instalation?

Associate
OP
Hi guys. Thank for all the responses. This evening, I'll see if it happens with other games and whether I've inadvertently OCed the PCIE bus. Will report back with my findings. Cheers all.

Ginga

Associate
wow crysis too fast normally it's I can't play it on full due to frame rate issues, something has to be wrong.

I would check you bios settings first off & then update GPU drivers the ususal stuff.

regards JP

Back
Top Bottom