Resident Evil5- Capcom Talk Tech about PC CPU's

Soldato
Great news.

Snippet from the 3 pages worth of goodness
"A few years back, if you thought of PC gaming and Capcom, you wouldn't actually use them in the same sentence. We're seeing that PCs have pulled so far ahead that basically they can do everything a console can do, at higher resolutions, and at 4x the frame rate. We've come a very long way, in our technology development, in marketing, in community outreach, to bring PC gamers into our family, and we've brought some of our biggest brands, in their best forms in many cases, to the PC."

Svensson points to the power of a new generation of Intel processors as unlocking a growing wave of gaming potential. Freed from the single-thread world of limited possibilities, game developers can truly challenge themselves with interesting "what if?" questions. "What that brute strength and overhead in the new CPUs allows us to do is ask ourselves, ‘What are some of the things we couldn't do on a console that this horsepower now enables?'"

"Some of the new things, like new shaders, DirectX 11 support, better lighting, better depth of field, higher resolutions, higher frame rates, are all possible now, and those are the nice, easy things . . . We just can't give that experience on a console. We think we're providing PC gamers something special and unique to them."

Last edited:
Soldato
clipboard02yi.jpg

Permabanned
capcom is becoming one of my favorite developers. i hope they continue supporting pc gaming and please BUY their games if you like them.

Soldato
The problem with Capcom is that most of their games are not my sort of thing. Dead Rising 2 though looks awesome and I shall be getting that.

Kudos to them for releasing the benefits of the PC though, it's about time we had a developer jump ship from the other side.

The problem with Capcom is that most of their games are not my sort of thing. Dead Rising 2 though looks awesome and I shall be getting that.

Kudos to them for releasing the benefits of the PC though, it's about time we had a developer jump ship from the other side.

Pretty much the same opinion here, except I doubt I'll get Dead Rising 2 myself.

Soldato
RE5 ran nicely on my ageing 9600gt, e7200 and 4gb ram but the camera angle gave me motion sickness so I had to stop playing it :( and got wolfenstein instead, which runs nicely as well :)

Soldato
What I like about RE5 is that it looks great and runs well and i've had no issues with it whatsoever. most polished pc game i have ever purchased.

Another thing that is very noticeable for me is how extremely efficient the game runs as well, unlike say a game that uses the Unreal 3 engine, because even for example when you Alt-Tab out into the Desktop, they still seem to hog up too much CPU resources and the temperatures still stay quite high in the load area.

It is sometimes annoying with Resident Evil 5 when you load the game up or Alt-Tab back in, that you will have to wait like a minute or two for it to initialize again, but then it does run beautifully and flawlessly smooth once you are in, and if you have a good system, everything feels quick.

Capcom could make a few bucks if they wanted to license their MT Framework game engine to other developers, especially their fellow Japanese developers who want to break into the PC market a lot more. Look at Square-Enix and their PC version of The Last Remnant, whilst it performs a hell of a lot better than the Xbox 360 version, the game is still flawed, but then it is their first time using the Unreal 3 engine.

Soldato
Haha, it is true - that's a hallmark of using a 32-bit OS. 3.3gb is the exact amount that Windows will show up if it is a x86 system with more than that stated amount.

More money than sense eh? Before you spend money on such a large amount of memory it might be a good idea to do a little research on the software side of things first!

5 stars

Back
Top Bottom