• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

First Nvidia GT300 Fermi pic.

Soldato
Looks the s*x. If it's that much smaller than a 5870, then i think people will be prepared to pay the price tag or the 5850 might be it's size by price tag rival.

Edit: Looks wide though.

Associate
Any word on a release date? i need to decide on graphics cards by the end of october. At the moment i'm on two 5850's, but if this is a decent price (by nvidia's standards) then i'll get one of these if they come out soon.

Soldato
Any word on a release date? i need to decide on graphics cards by the end of october. At the moment i'm on two 5850's, but if this is a decent price (by nvidia's standards) then i'll get one of these if they come out soon.

If you'll be selling your 5850 I'll be interested

Soldato

Don't do it, i reckon the PSU requirement will also be quite high too.

Associate
If you'll be selling your 5850 I'll be interested

Oh i don't have them, that is just what i'm planning to get. But i won't get 'em if the GT300 comes out soon enough.

As for PSU requirements, i'm sure it'll be fine on a corsair HX850 :p

Soldato
little comparison i knocked up:

5870vsgt300.jpg

if that is the length of the final card (id be suprised) than it looks to be about the legth of a gts...about 9 inchs?

Associate
It looks the part but I find it hard to believe they'll actually fit everything they are claiming into something that size.

A price point will be very interesting, looking forward to seeing how the graphics market goes in the next few months.

Associate
Well the only reason for the extra length of say the 8800gtx over the 8800gts is to facilitate the extra power connector. with one eight pin they have eliminated the need.

Are we looking at a retail part though?

Soldato
That's a beast, nice and sleek with no tacky 80s bits like the 58xx cards. Good stuff.

I agree it certainly looks great and the size is something to admire...but I am sure the power it will wield will be something else altogether...suddenly I am starting to veer towards nvidia for the first time in 5yrs...but again I will wait to see on prices and benchmarks compared to 5870X2 as well as 2x5850s...:D

Back
Top Bottom