Foxconn BlackOps Intel X48

Soldato
Aye, the 680i boards really don't like quads much - i can understand why you want to switch.

However, if you don't plan on going crossfire (as you have an nvidia card i'm guessing not) then you may want to look at a P45 board instead of the X48. The P45 is newer tech and uses DDR2 RAM (so you can reuse your current stuff), the X48 requires DDR3 - 4GB of which will cost you around £65 these days. This P45 board is pretty good price and overclocks well.

Associate
OP
Aye, the 680i boards really don't like quads much - i can understand why you want to switch.

However, if you don't plan on going crossfire (as you have an nvidia card i'm guessing not) then you may want to look at a P45 board instead of the X48. The P45 is newer tech and uses DDR2 RAM (so you can reuse your current stuff), the X48 requires DDR3 - 4GB of which will cost you around £65 these days. This P45 board is pretty good price and overclocks well.

howcome they dont like quads and i want to keep the option of crossfire as buying 4890 today and might get another 1 in the next few months and ive got crappy ram at the moment so im not bothered about moving to ddr3

Soldato
Not 100% sure TBH, but I know that the nvidia 680i boards are OK for overclocking dual cores, but for quads it is very difficult.

The P45 board I linked to does do crossfire, the drawback however is that it is x8x8 crossfire, compared to x16x16 crossfire on the X48. However, the P45 has advantages over the x48 and doesn't require £65 of new RAM.

Associate
OP
yeah i googled it and they seem to hv a lot of problems and will it work x16 with 1 card and so im probily gonna go with that p45 board then it better not hv problems ive got 2 p45 boards now lol (first 1 has something in the way of my graphics card lol and was a foxconn si i had to buy my board i hv now that i hate ) any other boards would you recommend

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom