Watercooled i5, Lian Li PC-7

Associate
All my builds seem to just be evolutions of the last but quite different at the same time. My last changes involved me creating a dual loop setup, and before that just learning how to do things with my first mods.

Recently upgraded to an i5 and have been posting in the overclocking forums with my results but not put up any photos of it so figured I'd just share some snaps as Im quite pleased with it :p

At first I just stuck with the old colours but wasnt too keen on the look of the pink anymore. Looked alright in my original build, the UV blue tubing with pink fluid looked great, but now it just didnt look right...

P1050773.jpg

So had to change that :p Going off mobo colours I went for black tubing, UV blue coils and clear/UV blue fluid. Looks much better now if you ask me but still need to sort of the lighting and window. Got one UV CCFL but no point installing it until I get the side window too. So until then, its looking like this :)

P1050805.jpg

Bit bright with fan LED's on so turned them off for some photos haha
P1050806.jpg

P1050808.jpg

P1050812.jpg

P1050814.jpg

Definate improvement dont you guys think? No actual build photos but most of the work is shown in my old build logs, this was pretty much just hardware swap.

Anyways, hope you guys like :)

Associate
OP
Cheers guys :) glad others like it too! And as for weight, dual loop added quite a lot to the weight, had around 2 litres of fluid in there! At the moment theres just over half a litre, adds weight but probably not much more than if u had a big 1kg air cooler :p

Associate
OP
is watercooling hard to get done? do you not feel scared that it might leak?

Have a read of the overclocking and cooling section, lots of info about watercooling in there. Its a bit more fuss than fitting an air cooler but I wouldnt say its hard. And as long as you take your time and do it properly the chance of it leaking are extremely slim. Its all in the initial set up, leak test and such. If theres no problems then odds are it'll be fine as long as you leave it :)

Associate
OP
Cheers :) I want to change the rad grills to somthing different, Currently got that blocky design one on the front and a hex mesh style one on the top... ones that match would be much better haha.

Also note though, with that one at the front I can no longer use the front connectors for USB, headphones etc. Doesnt bother me, my monitor has USB sockets in the side which are much easier for me to reach anyway, and never use headphones/microphone or any other sockets that were there :p

Associate
OP
I tried finding a single hex grill but couldnt anywhere! Found doubles and triples but no singles at all. Think I may have to be boring and just go for stripes like everyone else lol. Found some crazy designs on an american site but cost a fortune!

And never seen that before hyperst! Not a bad idea, but the coils I have are UV anyway, just not got any UV lights in there at the moment :p Will see if I can mess around tonight and get a few photos with the UV in there

Associate
OP
Not much else going on today so I hooked up the UV cathode Ive got for a few photos. Im just holding the cathode for them lol, couldnt be botherd setting it up properly, plus I need to buy some more anyway, this ones knackered! But yea, you get the basic idea :)

P1050816.jpg

P1050818.jpg

Back
Top Bottom