Asus Striker Extreme - INIT8042

Associate
any of you guys know what this error actually means and how to solve it please? judging by the amount of hits i got on Google i'm guessing it's a common problem with this board.

Last edited:
Associate
You've possibly over cooked it if you have you been playing with the BIOS settings. Do you have the latest version of the BIOS?
If you turn the computer completely off and back on again.. it should boot with safe settings and ask you to go back into the bios.

Associate
OP
hi, sorry it was a friends pc... went to look at it last night. i tried clearing the bios with no luck. i even tried some budget 6400 ram (1.8v), as i read online that these boards sometimes dont boot if the voltage in the bios is set to auto and the only way you can get them to boot is by putting in some low voltage ram. anyway he told me that he bought the board second hand from a friend which had it sitting in a shed for a few months (lol), so it could be dead. i could have spent longer looking at it, but knew i would be there all night and had a long drive home, so had to leave it.

Back
Top Bottom